Chapter Fifteen: The Debut

Hello! I was late updating again! Heheh. Anyway, enjoy!

PS: This Chapter hasn't been edited yet so please bear with any errors.

Thanks!

_myLovelymind

*********************************

"Wow! You look gorgeous Kiara!" Piwie exclaimed. It is my debut party and I just got into my gown. I looked at myself in the mirror and I can't believe that the girl on it is me.

A friend of Mom, a well-known make-up artist did every bits of what I have on my face right now. Though she made it looked so natural I still can't believe that I can be this...pretty.

I looked at the mirror once more and there she is... A girl whose dark blond hair was tied up in a neat bun with some curled locks on the side and a tiara that I don't know if necessary. My gown was like the one on the sketch but it looks more majestic now that it's real. Its sparkly blue color reminds mo of the water on the stream. I found myself smiling.

"I bet, Nathan will be all over you this evening! Look at you! You indeed are the most beautiful girl tonight!" I don't know what to say but I can feel my face burning with the mention of Nathan's name.

'Would he really like how I look tonight?' I felt anxious about it but I let it go with a sigh. I need to be more confident of myself. I don't want to ruin this. Besides, this will only come once in a lifetime.

"You look ravishing too, Piw.. Let's see who would have the most number of dance tonight, shall we?" I teased. She pouted and glared at me. I just laughed at her gestures.

"No fair! Of course you'll win! It's your birthday, after all!" She pouted more.

"Oh look at this beautiful girl! You even surpassed me now!" My Mom came to view with teary eyes.

"Mom! You're overreacting as usual! I would never ever be as beautiful as you." I hugged her tight. Though my parents are usually nowhere to be found, they've been supporting me from a far and I understand that they too are having a hard time because of it. Other's of my age would say they've been abandoned but not me. Sure their presence is the most important thing they could give me but I also know how important it is to keep the business going so I can't help but understand.

"Now.. Now.. Don't you dare cry on us now birthday girl. You don't want to smear your make up and look like a zombie bride, yes?" I laughed. My Mom is cool right?

Not long after, I was called out by the emcee. I stood by the staircase and I heaved a sigh. My eyes roamed around  the ballroom and my nervousness heightened. There they are. People from school, my Mom and Dad's business associates and friends, and other people I don't know. There are also cameras flashing everywhere but I just looked for two people.

I was startled when a spotlight shone on me. "I'm honored to present to you... The lady of the evening... The debutant and the sole heiress of Anderson's Group... Miss Kiara Anderson! Let's all give her a round of applause as she walk forward to the new chapter of her life!"

That was my cue to go downstairs and enter the hall. The applause is roaring in my ears and people are showering me with praises but my eyes are locked with the person waiting for me downstairs. He's smiling radiantly and he does look good on his tuxedo and neatly brushed hair.

"Waiting for our dear Kiara here is none other that her fiancé, the son of the Finiggan's and the heir to the Conglomerate, Nathaniel Finnigan!" I heard him say his name but Nathan's eyes are not leaving mine. I saw him raise his hand when I reached where he's standing asking for me to hold it and I did just that. I smiled at him and he did the same.