Chapter Twenty: Let's Play

--Kiara--

I don't really know what gotten into me and why I said what I said to Andrew. Back when I was driving my way here, I was certain that I trust Nathan enough but like someone tapped the replay button, my mind started to travel back to the time when we first heard the engagement. I can still remember everything but I pushed it at the back of my head drowning myself in the little fantasy I created.

'Is it really possible to change the mind  overnight?' That night at my unit after the scandalous scene during prom, he said that he would never submit to the engagement, he would never submit to me. I knew something was off the moment he said that he would try to make 'us' work but my heart refused to admit that. I was so overwhelmed with joy to even think he's been toying me all along. Plus the fact that we were best of friends made me think it's wrong to suspect him for that.

I secretly glanced at Andrew while we make our way to the draw room of our house. He obviously is trying to absorb what had transcribed between us outside. I know I shouldn't even think of taking advantage of  him specially that I know how he feels towards me. I felt terrible but I just can't take my words back anymore. I badly want to know the truth and I know he's the most reliable person there is for me. 

Everyone in the draw room looked our way when we stepped in. I looked around and I saw my parents, Piwie and Nathan all sitting on the couch maybe waiting for my return. Piwie was the first to run towards me and envelope me to a tight embrace.

"Where the effin freak have you been!?"   Piwie exclaimed after the hug. She looked horrible, her victorious aura earlier on graduation was gone. A pang of guilt crept inside me. I offered her a weak smile and looked past her shoulder. My parents looked worried to death but you can still sense the power overflowing their identity. Dad stood up with squared shoulder looking at me with a bit of disappointment. "Next time, make sure to call when you have some places to go, young lady." My Dad isn't shouting, he has this firm voice but you will sense every bits of disapproval to what I've done. My Mom  stood next to him and held his arms while looking at me. "Don't do that again, baby... We were so worried... We almost called 911!" I can't say my Mom is mad but I know she's been worried. All of them are.

"Sorry... Sorry I made you all worry..." I bowed my head not wanting to make eye contact with anyone. I felt really guilty but I know what I did was something necessary.

"Pumpkin..." I lifted my head immediately upon hearing him call me. I searched for his eyes and there I saw that familiar nerve-wracking sensation when I look at them. "S-sorry..." That's all I can say right now. I felt stupid but I know that if I try to talk to him now, I'm afraid I'd just spoil every detail of the plan I created a few minutes ago.

"I-it's alright. Just... Just don't do it again."  Nathan filled the gap between us and hugged me tight. I snaked my arms around him and closed my eyes while my whole being searched for a silent answer but I failed when he pulled away quickly.

I hid the disappointment I know I had on my face and gave him a weak smile. I glanced at everyone in the room and nodded. "I'm really tired. If you'll excuse me, I will go to my room now." They all looked hesitant, maybe they still want to question my behavior. "Go on, Kiara... If you need anything, just ask okay?" My Mom said when no one acknowledged or even dismissed me. I just nodded and spun around to the direction of the door. My eyes met Andrew's grey orbs as I make my way out. I nodded at him and smiled. A sincere one. He's the only one who knows what really happened and I want to keep it that way. He casually nodded and opened the door for me and whispered, "Good night Kiara... Think well..." He smiled sympathetically, his words were double-edged. I just nodded all knowing of what he meant by 'think well'

I released a long sigh of relief as I closed the door of my room behind me. It was suffocating to act cool when the truth is my world has been all too crumbled lately.