Chapter Fourteen ✓

THE SILENT BROTHERS

"NO!" I YELLED.

I watched Dot get taken by men. "Dot. Dot!" I yelled, my necklace lighting up again.

"Bella, what's happening?!" Clary asked. "Bella!" Jace yelled from behind. He was with Clary and the others. "Bella, stop! Where are you going?" I kept running, and I then stopped for a breath. "Two men. Circle members. The same ones who came to our house. The same ones who took my Mother!" I yelled, tears filling my eyes.

"They have Dot?" Clary asked. "They're gonna hurt her, or kill her. We have to stop them!" I tried feeling my necklace again, but nothing showed up. My heart ached. Tears fell from my eyes. "No." I choked.

"Bella?" Clary asked, walking over to me.

"She was just trying to help us. Now she's gone."

"Clary, Bella. I'm so sorry." Jace said. "You don't understand. Dot's like our big sister." "It's not safe here. We have to go back to the institute right now." Alec said. "So, what now? Valentine has our Mom and Dot? We're just gonna give up?" Clary asked.

"What about our memories? They just can't be gone forever, can they?" Clary asked.

"There is another option." Jace said.

"No way," Alec said.

"Absolutely not." Isabelle said. What are they talking about? "I'm not afraid of the silent brothers," Jace said, folding his arms which showed off his muscles.

"Who are the silent brothers?" Clary and I asked at the same time.

"They're Shadowhunters with superior powers who possess the ability to recover memories." Jace explained to us.

"A process that can also kill you. So there's that." Alec said.

"Shut up." I snapped at him.

"Your bedside manner is abysmal." Jace said to Alec.

"We've broken at least 18 clave rules and now you want to go to the City Of Bones?" Alec said. "There's no way. I won't allow it." I groaned, stomping my foot.

"This isn't our choice to make. This is Clary or Bella's decision." Jace said. "You can't ask them to do this. They don't know what they're facing." Isabelle said.

"She's not prepared." I glared. "If any one can tell us another way to recover our memories and still get the answers we need, then we're  listening." Clary said to the group. "That settles it," I said, glaring at Alec who glared right back at me. "See? I told they were one of us." Jace says proudly. I rolled my eyes and walked away from them, only to have Alec right behind my heels.