Chapter Fourty Four ✓

WE GOT THE CARDS

ALEC AND IZZY DID THEIR PART OF THE PLAN. Clary, Jace, and I were up in the vault looking for Luke's things. "You guys are getting pretty good with your stele." Jace commented.

"Thanks," I said, grinning. I shined a light to look for Luke's things. We then heard someone come in. Jace backed us up against the shelves of boxes. The police walked right past us, thanks to our runes that hid us from the humans. "Well, at least we know he's not a downworlder." I sighed with relief.

"Lucky for us." Jace said. I nodded, agreeing.

"I'll go this way," I said, shining my flashlight and walking in the opposite direction. "Be careful, Bell," Clary said. "Okay, Mom." I rolled my eyes. I shined my light on the boxes. It took me about ten minutes to find it. When I finally found it, my eyes widened.

"Bella, you okay?" Jace asked.

He and Clary walked over to me. "I found it!" I grabbed the box off of the shelf then placed it on the metal table. I quickly emptied the things out of the box. My eyes widened when I saw the tarot cards. I finally found the right one. "Yes!" I whispered.

"That looks exactly like the Mortal Cup," Clary whispered. "This is it. It has to be." I said, examining it. I traced my fingers over it and smiled. My eyes widened when I remember what I could do.

Grinning, I placed my hand to reach in for the cup but it didn't work. I stared at it, confused. "What's wrong?" Jace asked me. I frowned, twisting my eyebrows in confusion. Why isn't it working? I smacked the tarot card, and guess what? Nothing happened.

Yay! Perfect...

"I'm not sure.. I-I," I stammered, confused.

"You're not sure what's wrong, or you're not sure where your Mother hid the Cup?" Jace asked.

"No, dammit!"

-

Frustrated, we walked out of the prescient and we met up with Alec and Isabelle. "Bella, what's wrong? It looks like you swallowed something sour," Isabelle said as she studied my face. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Did you get the Cup?" Alec asked me.

I nodded. "Theoretically."

"Theoretically?" "She found the card, we just have to figure out how she reached into it before and it's..." Clary said. "And I can't reach into it either." I frowned, sighing. "It's not an exact science. Can't you just pull the Cup out?" Alec asked. "I can, theoretically-it's just..." I said, pursing my lips. "It's not as easy as it looks, Alec." I said. "Listen, you two can discuss theories as much as you want when we get back to the institute. But right now, considering we just stole from the cops, I suggest we get home," Clary said. I nodded, agreeing. "Guys..." Isabelle said. When I turned to look at her, the necklace that Magnus had gave her started pulsing. "It's pulsing."

-

"I think the mundanes might be the least of our worries." Jace said, "Never a dull day, let's go."

"Guys, slow down!" I said. Clary and I were following behind them. Why do they walk so damn fast?

"Oh, I am so sorry," I said, I bumped into an old lady. Her purse dropped, I felt so bad. I kneeled down to pick it up and handed it to the nice old grandma. Instead, her face turned into a demon. I screamed.