Chapter Two ✓

THE BLONDE WITH TATTOOS

AFTER GETTING READY, I MET CLARY IN THE HALL AND WE WALKED TO THE KITCHEN TO SEE LUKE AND OUR MOM STANDING THERE HAVING A CONVERSATION. Luke has always been like a Father to Clary and I. He's always been there for us.

He's the closet thing we have for a Dad for as long as I could remember. I never got to know my Dad, as my Mom hardly ever talked about him. There's a feeling in my gut that I have about him, and I don't know what it is, but I know it may not be a good one.

"Hey, Luke! What's up?" Clary asked, as she walked in. "Hey! Incredible drawings." Luke commented on Clary's sketch book, looking down at her drawings with a smile. "Oh, thanks." "Also, got you girls these." He handed Clary and I a pack of spray paint each. 

"Oh, they're perfect!" I beamed.

"If I catch any of that paint on the city walls, I will arrest you girls. I'm talking about you, Bella." I chuckled. "The paint is for Simon's van, actually. We are insisting that they rename the band." I said.

"Oh. Yes, please." Mom said. "Yeah."

"Hey, did your Mom talk to you about that?" Luke asked Clary, pointing at the stele. "Oh, the heirloom? Yeah, it's so beautiful." "Clary, Bella, you're 18 now and..." Luke started to say, but I had to cut him off.

"What is with you guys today? We are turning 18, it's not like we're headed on some epic adventure." "But you are!" I heard Simon's voice yell. I smiled and Clary laughed. "See, we're going to Lombardi's to celebrate your's and Clary's birthday after our gig."

"You should come back here after. The city's uh... not very safe right now." Mom suggested, worry filling in her voice.

I shook my head. "No, thanks, Mom. I think we're all set." 

"Yeah, we will take a rain check. Wait, is that chicken cacciatore?" I cleared my throat.

"Simon, your gig." I reminded him in a 'duh tone.

"Oh, you're singing?" Luke asked Simon.

"Yes, big gig." Luke looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "And by big, I mean not so." I chuckled.

"Loosing circulation here." Clary said to Mom. Mom pulled Clary in a hug. "Breakfast. You. Me. Bella. Tomorrow ."

"Yep. Mom... Uh, Mom? Mom, you have to let me go. Bella and I are legally adults now." I clapped my hands together and did a happy dance. Simon laughed at me. "Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of." She said, tucking a strand of hair behind Clary's ear.

"Shall we?" I asked Simon.

"Yes," he replied. "We shall."

-

Before the show Clary, Simon, Maureen, and I were sitting on top of Simon's van and Clary laughs, "Our Mom is being so overprotective lately." I laughed, nodding my head. "You got that right," I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"So... do you remember in Aliens, when the queen was defending her eggs from Ripley?" Simon asked. 

"In this scenario is our Mom Ripley or the queen?" I asked, taking my stele out of my pocket, holding it up at eye-level. "Both." Simon replied. "What, how?" Clary asked. "A Mother defending her young's." Simon strung his guitar. "Defending us from what?we spend all day in an art studio. Our life couldn't be more... Mundane. Besides, we don't really know much from when she was young." I told him, with a shrug.