42

The rumpled blanket from the bed was collected and gently draped over his body. You sat there, unsure of what else to do for him but cry. All you could do for anyone here was cry. You weren't strong like Jungkook, or cunning like Namjoon or Yoongi.

You didn't have that sly charisma like Taehyung or the intimidating presence like Hoseok.

You couldn't sweet talk like Jin could and you couldn't adapt like Jimin.

You were you; and you were useless.

So you cried, hands gently stroking Jimin's side and eyes careful to avoid the staining sheets. "I'm so sorry Jimin." You whispered. He didn't respond of course and all you could hear were your sniffles and the ringing in your ears from the gun. It sounded like sirens, but you had never experienced that feeling before to know if it was normal or not.

Gunfire went off somewhere within the warehouse, but you didn't bother to try to find a spot to hide. Jimin was right; it was only a matter of time. Yoongi was nowhere to be seen and Jungkook's entire attitude to you had shifted the moment you purposefully left him behind to go with Taehyung. There was no way he'd let you return to him with an understanding perspective. You had saw the way his anger had shifted from Namjoon to you.

Going back to Jungkook was a dangerous option.

Your fingers curled into the sheets draped over Jimin, "He just takes and take and takes away.." You quoted him, smoothing your hand over his hip, "It's only a matter of time before it's us." He had been right in so many other things and you were afraid that he was going to be right about this too. "Please be wrong, Jimin." You pleaded weakly, "Please be wrong about Jeon."

There were shouts and screams (some close enough to cause alarm) but you sat still, tenderly stroking Jimin as if you were trying to lull him to sleep. "We were friends.." You agreed softly, "We are friends. We understood each other. You understood me a lot better than I understood myself. I wish..I wish we could've met differently. The way we met was bad. You had to do a lot of things you didn't want to, but I understand. I forgive you for most of them." You whispered, leaning down to rest your head against his hip,

"Maybe if we originally met in passing..? Or at work? We would have been close friends; I know it. We-You could have moved in with Jae and I. You and your girlfriend. I think you both would have liked it, Jiminie. It's a small place, but it had a beautiful view of the city, especially on rainy days." You chuckled to yourself, "I'm sure you would have been a better handyman than Jae; he barely knew how to change a vacuum filter. We could have been best friends, Jimin." Wiping your eyes, you sat up, frowning at the red stained sheets. "Please let this be a dream..."

You knew it wasn't and that your ramblings were making no sense. Jimin had hurt you, intentionally, several times and yet you were talking about him like he was the kindest man you've ever met. He wasn't meant to die like that; not by you. You had to compensate for that somehow.

So now Jimin was practically a saint in your eyes.

He was truly the kind and understanding man who only wanted to help you like no one else would; he was the man he pretended to be.

He was the man you were pretending he was.

Footsteps rushed closer to the room. A figure darted by the partially opened door, but you hadn't turned fast enough to see who it was. You were too numb to go check and your voice was too hoarse to shout. Either way, it was probably someone who would be intent on hurting you, so hiding in this room with Jimin was your best option. Several other heavy footsteps rushed by and a door was heard slamming at the end of the hall. Whoever they were, they were gone now. You turned back to Jimin, idly smoothing the wrinkles in the sheets. You'd make sure he was buried beside his girlfriend, he deserved that.