5

Riley woke up to the ringing of her alarm and an aching in her arm. She turned off her alarm and sat up trying to forget everything. She looked at her arm and counted 5 cuts. She only had one when she went to bed.

          Confused, she got up and bandaged her arm. She put on a shirt and a jacket, her favorite pre-ripped jeans and a pair of wedges. She walked out of her apartment and went to school.

          (at school before Riley got there) "Im worried about her." Farkle said speaking of Riley grabbing the groups attention. "And why would that be?" Maya asked completely confused. "She seems kind of," Farkle started trying to think of a good word to use "off, different?" Lucas said getting everyone's attention on him "Yeah." Zay said

          Maya was still completely confused, she was gonna say something but Riley walked in. "Hey." she said quietly. Maya realized that she was kind of quieter. "You okay Riles?" Maya said, Farkle, Zay, and Lucas stiffened. They didn't want Maya to say anything.

           "Um, yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" Riley laughed Because no one likes you and you slit your wrist last night. "I was just making sure. Lets go to class." Maya smiled. Riley and Maya held hands and skipped into class.

           They sat down in the classroom the boys following not far behind. "Depression." Mr. Matthews said everyone looking at him "What is it?"

           "This isn't psychology, Matthews." Maya said "Riley, what is depression?" he asked his daughter who was trying to avoid the question "How would she know? She's 'Smiley Riley' remember?" Zay said everyone laughing and agreeing.

          Smiley Riley. Ha I wish. "Um, when you're like really upset and sad?" Riley said trying to add some off her innocence to it. Mr Matthews nodded and went in with his lessons. She daydreamed through the rest of the lesson.