Chapter 22

Note: This chapter has explicit content that some may find disturbing or offensive. It is not made to be offensive but I felt it was nessecary to show the readers how insane, ruthless and horrific Korse is as a character in this book. This took my hours and hours to write as it was very uncomfortable to write. If you want to skip this chapter I will write a very brief and short summary for you to read at the end of the chapter after the song of the moment. I really don't mean to offend but this is Korse's character and is in real life totally unacceptable and disgusting. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Amber's POV)

I let out a whimper and then made myself look down at Kobra, and reminded myself why I was doing this. I took a deep breath my first tear falling down my cheek, dancing down in sync with the drops of blood from my side and my neck dripping to the floor. I looked over to Party, ignoring everything and looked at him, taking in every detail. This was probably the last time I'd ever see him.

I didn't want to forget him.

His hair was a mess, it was red but his brown roots were showing. His eyes were filled with tears, but were still beautiful, brown and green and amber all at once. I saw a reflection myself in them, pathetic. I looked at his perky nose, his soft lips. I remembered how they felt against mine, how I felt complete when we were kissing. I looked at his clothes, just a baggy top and jeans; casual but everything looked great on him. The jeans were skinny, showing off his slim legs; perfect. And then his smaller feet; perfect. He was perfect, and for a few days, he was mine. How lucky I had been to be able to have him, to share my heart with him. I would leave it with him, I hope he knew that and that he wouldn't forget about me. But I hoped that he could move on and be happy, because he deserved that. He deserved better than me. Maybe leaving him would relieve him of all the stress of a relationship and of well me. 

I didn't want to leave him.

But I looked into those eyes one more time seeing his tears dance down his cheeks, waltzing the saddest dance known to man; heartbreak. Taking one more breath of freedom, I turned to Korse. I looked at him dead in the eyes, no fear anymore. I knew I was doing the right thing. I hoped Kobra was going to be ok. He licked his lips, a reminiscence of my blood still there. "I'm ready." I said, my voice hoarse but strong and full of courage. He nodded, that grim smirk playing on his lips, sending chills through every nerve in my body. He held out his arm for me to take, knowing I hated being in contact with him, but his eyes threatened Party's life. I took his arm with my own, his body cold. Then I turned away from the life I had loved the most out of any life I could have had or did have;

forever. 

We walked to the van and got in the back, Korse pushing me to sit on the floor. He slammed the doors and laughed loudly like the insomniac he was. I stretched my head up wanting one more selfish look as the van's engine started. I saw what I dreaded and desired, there was Frank and Jet. Frank's eyes were already drowning in the countless tears streaming down his face with his hands in his hair, attempting to pull it out in absolute devastation. Jet's face was filled with emotion too, tears threatening to spill over as his head moved between me and Kobra's motionless body, which he was crouched next to. I let out a sob, again realizing what I was really sacrificing. My tears mirroring all of theirs. I heard Frank scream my name as the van was suddenly taken into motion. As we moved down the road my hand met the cold, lifeless glass of the van's back window. I saw Frank running after us. Korse and his Dracs laughed at his pitiful attempt to get me back. Seeing his face and making contact with his eyes was the last straw and my heart broke. My sobs were uncontrollable and I couldn't care less any more of how much weakness I was showing in front of Korse, I couldn't hold it in. I mouthed 'I love you.' to him as his knees gave way and he fell to the ground, engulfed in his tears. Then in less than a second he was merely a dot, too far away to make out anymore. I slammed my fist against the glass in frustration, the sound echoing through the van. Now that I couldn't go back on my decision I simply wanted to go back even more. I huddled myself into a ball, the nagging pain of my side just worsening the crying and making me feel that all too regular feeling of being faint. My breaths turned shallow and a cold hand gripped and rubbed my side, sighing. Knowing full well who it was, I recoiled away and looked at Korse disgusted that he would come near me, even though I knew he always would. "Pathetic mutant bitch." He murmured shoving a cloth over my mouth and nose. It smelt metallic and made it hard to breathe. I started to panic, thrusting around trying to break free of the grip that some of the Dracs now had on me. My eyes involuntarily closed and then there was immediate darkness as I felt myself drift away from reality.