Chapter 4

Amber's POV

I had finally escaped, I couldn't remember how but I had done it. I walked round the abandoned corridors of the BL/ind headquarters, as alarms sounded and red lights eliminated the hallways. Turning down the corridor that leads to the exit, I heard somebody scream from behind me. I span round and came face to face with Frank. He was leaning against the wall with blood seeping from his head, exactly the same as he had been on that day. As I ran towards him the corridor morphed into the alley way and my outfit changed from the short white dress I wore in the headquarters, to the one I had been wearing that day, but it was drenched in blood as was my hair. As I was about to reach Frank's motionless body, I seemed to turn the other way and started running away from him. Realising what I was doing I stopped in my tracks and turned back round. Feeling something be placed into my hand, I looked down and saw a blood soaked knife clenched in my hand. Dropping the knife and putting two together I realised what I had done, I walked slowly backwards as tears mixed with the blood dripping from my hair and ran down my scarred cheeks.

Suddenly Frank's body stood up and slowly waddled its way over to me. I screamed at the corpse and moved backwards quicker. Suddenly Frank started to run at me and jumped, pushing me down onto the floor just outside of the alley. I screamed as his head lolled in face, his mouth came down to my ear as he sat on me. He whispered-shouted "You might as well of killed me you mutant traitor!" As he moved his head back up and straddled me, I looked into his dilated eyes and screamed as his hair started to fall out. When he was fully bold he morphed into Korse. I screamed louder, feeling my heart rate race. He smiled that stupid smirk and brought his face to my neck.

I woke up with a start, a scream erupting from my throat. I sat up shaking uncontrollably, cutting off the scream and bringing up my bare legs up to my chest and savouring the little clothing I had. Processing that it was all just a dream, I rocked back and forth; attempting to calm myself down. Tears threated to slip over at the back of my eyes, but I didn't let them; I had cried too often in this place and I needed to show that I wasn't as weak as they thought. I hated the way they all pushed me around, but for the past year I had starting fighting back. I would back chat and attempt to escape, much like I had the first 2 years I had been here, but I gave up. I had only starting fighting back again because I had a dream one night that Frank and my parents were screaming at me to not give up and never give up. It had been the nicest dream I'd had in a while, so I listened and started to get on the Dracs nerves again. I was not going to be the limp doll being played with; I was going to get out of this hell.

Breaking me apart from my thoughts was the voice of the only man that still managed to scare me after these six years. "Hello beautiful." Jumping out of my crouching position I stood up and moved backwards; into the corner furthest away from Korse. "Leave me alone." I mumbled, still trying to stand my ground. He simply laughed and started towards me. "You know what today is?" I nodded in response. "The sixth anniversary, I have something special planned for tonight." I stiffened up dreading what he had in mind.

I gulped but tryied to look away from him trying to hide my fear. Getting annoyed at my attitude, Korse came straight up to me only leaving a centimetre between us. He moved his hand up to slap me, squinting my eyes shut I waited for the impact. As if on cue, an alarm went off causing Korse to groan and walk away. Opening my eyes with relief I looked around and over heard something from one of the Dracs that had come in the room with Korse, say that there had been a break in and something about the killjoys. I huffed and walked over to the locked entrance to my glass cell, looking out I could see Korse pacing up and down, his face was red with anger. He made eye contact with me and went over to the nearest Drac, yelling something in his face that I couldn't quite work out, and pointing at me viciously. But before I could do anything more, the door was open and Korse himself was dragging me behind him and into the corridors of the headquarters. I hadn't been out of that cell for about 6 months; it would have felt great to be out if Korse's fingernails weren't digging into my arm. And any trance of that feeling of relief of being out definitely disappeared when we turned the next corner and Korse held his ray gun to my head. He flicked it off safety and I closed my eyes awaiting my fate, as I did I heard a familiar voice scream, "NO!"