Chapter 6

Amber's POV

I had been waiting for the impact of the laser to hit my head for a while, but I was guessing that since these were my last moments that time might have slowed down. But when I heard Frank's trembling voice in my ear telling me that I need to get up, I realised that I wasn't going to get shot. I slowly opened my eyes, blinking slightly, and saw Korse lying on the floor, a ray gun burn on his left shoulder; he was dead. I let out a sigh of relief and as I opened my eyes I caught a glimpse of Gerard's younger brother, Mikey I think his name is, standing with his ray gun out; he'd killed Korse. I noted that I need to remember to thank him later. As my hearing cleared more, Frank's worried voice got louder and the sound of ray guns being fired got heavier. Shaking my head slightly, I looked over to Frank and saw that he had tears in his eyes. He smiled at me and engulfed me in a bone crushing hug. I put my weak arms around him and hugged him back as hard as I could. "I missed you so much, Frankie." I said, a sob of happiness coming from my throat followed by a storm of tears. "I missed you too." He whispered, gripping on to my dress tightly.

"I-I t-thought you were d-d-dead." I stuttered, wrapping my arms round him more.

"I thought you were d-dead too." He replied, not letting go off me. And then we just stayed there; a war happening around us. But it felt like just me and Frank and I never wanted to let go. I would quite happily die in this position. At that moment I felt infinite.

But then a ray hit the wall above Frank's head, making us both jump out of our embrace and onto our feet. "Come on guys! We need to leave now!" Gerard yelled while shooting down a few Dracs. Frank nodded and wiped away his tears. "Can you run?" He said taking my hand in his. I nodded and squeezed his hand. He smiled at me and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, before pulling me behind him into a swarm of Dracs.

I kept my head down and dodged a few rays as we made our way to the door. I never let go of Frank's hand and his grip never loosened as he shot down all the Dracs in his path. The entrance had become only a few feet away and as we neared it more, we started to sprint. Frank put his hand on the handle and pushed it open. We were just running outside when my hand was grabbed. I was haled back into the building my hand leaving Frank's. I would have screamed but a pale hand slapped over my mouth and an arm around my waist and hips. I struggled; I was not going to be pulled back inside that cell after finally seeing my brother again. I looked at Frank for aid but he was on the floor with a Drac on top of him. I tried to scream his name but I was instead flung against a wall, again. The Drac that had taken me, held me there, removing its hand from my mouth. But before I could call Frank, it tutted and shook its head. That's when I recognised it; it was the guy that near severed my hand from my arm. Struggling more, I went to yell but instead a set of teeth were stabbed into my neck. I screamed as one of my main arteries were punchered and the blood was taken from them. The stabbing pain made my head throb and my heartbeat echo through my whole body. The world went blurry for the millionth time today and I felt myself go limp, the only thing keeping me standing was the Drac's tight grip on my arms. My eyelids suddenly got very heavy and I felt them start to droop. I fought them and kept them open for as long as possible. Just as I was about to give in the Drac stopped and fell to the floor, causing me to fall too. I tried to look up to see what had happened and saw Ray running over to me with Frank close behind. Feeling slightly safer I let my head rest back down on the floor. I felt the side of my head become surrounded by a liquid; opening my eyes as much as I could I saw a pool of my own blood, pouring out from my wound on my neck. I tried to scream but instead my eyes drooped shut. Hearing Frank call my name I forced them open again and felt myself being picked up. Looking up I saw Frank's worried face, as he look forward at Ray who was holding the door open for us. I smiled slightly and rested my head against his chest. I could hear his rapid heartbeat thumping in his ribcage. It was peaceful, sort of. As I was placed in a battered up car, I started to feel extremely sleepy. My head was laid on Frank's lap and my middle on Ray's, who had some bandages in his hands. Frank gently moved my head so my wounded neck was exposed, I hissed at the pain as the punchers were stretched. Ray cringed at the wound and wrapped the bandage round my neck and applied pressure. He said something along the lines of "If we keep pressure applied until we get back to base, where I can stitch up the wounds, she should be ok." to Frank, who mumbled a thank you and looked down at me with concerned eyes. I smiled weakly at him and then collapsed in his arms.

Frank/Ghoul's POV

Finally being able to relax and know that she was ok, I lay my head against the back of my seat and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Alright Ghoul, spill, what the fuck is going on?" Party asked from the driver's seat. I huffed and sat up straight, I looked at him through the rear view mirror. "She's my sister. She was kidnapped by BL/ind on the day of the invasion of New York. I thought I'd lost her, I thought she was dead." I said not really paying attention to myself as I looked down at her pale face. "Ok I get that. How is she The Weapon?" Party asked, as he looked back at me, a concerned expression on his face, through the rear view mirror. I simply shook my head, and answered "No fucking clue man. No fucking clue."

Suddenly Amber started to shake on my lap. Tears swarmed out of her closed eyes. Jet looked down at her and nodded toward his hand on her neck. He wanted me to hold her neck. I nodded back at him and put my hand under his, on her neck. Once he removed his hand, I moved her legs so that she was sitting in a crouching position on me. I wrapped one of my arms around her and kept the other tight on her neck. She readjusted into the position and hid her wet face in my neck. I sighed and stroked her back with my hand. Looking back up I saw all the guys looking at me, Party through the mirror. I blushed slightly when they all awwwed at us. "Oh shut up." I said angrily.

After a few more minutes of us driving in total silence, Jet asked me "What's her name Ghoul?" I looked up at him. "Amber." I answered.

"It's nice." He responded. I nodded back, looking down at my hand which had clasped hers. "How old is she?" The question took me a while to answer, I actually didn't know. Shit!

"Um...well she was 14 when the invasion happened. So she's...um...20. Oh my gosh, she fucking 20!" I said startled at my answer. Nobody had been there for her 16th , her 18th or her 20th. Why didn't I search for her, why didn't I get her sooner? I'm a shit brother. "Hey, Ghoul. It's not your fault, its Korse's and you know it. But he's dead now." I shook my head at Jet, holding Amber tighter. "No he's not; he won't have died that easily. He's still out there Jet." I said knowing that Korse was still alive. "I guess you're right, but right now you should just be happy you got her back." I smiled and turned to him saying "Yeah." He was right, she was here breathing and fucking alive! I looked at our hands again and couldn't wait for her to wake up. Ruining the moment was of course Party said, "Hey, you know she's quite fit."

I looked up at him with a shocked expression. "Dude, that's my sister!" I yelled.

"I know." He simply said, going back to driving and acting like nothing even happened. I sighed and added "And she's 6 years younger than you." He shook his head and laughed slightly; concentrating on driving. Who else would ruin that moment?

--------------------------------------------------

SONG OF THE MOMENT: Let's Kill Tonight By Panic! At The Disco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEqay_AgGLs