Chapter 21

(Amber's POV)

"AMBER! Amber!" Frank yelled as he ran over to me. He knelt down and held my head, lifting it off the road. "Amber, can you hear me?" He asked softly. I nodded, feeling so weak that I didn't think I could do anything else. My side was in agony and I could feel blood pouring down my face and my side, the metallic stench filling my lungs. "Ok thank god. Do you think you can walk?" I coughed, trying to speak out of the shock. "I don't know." My voice came out hoarse and breathless. Frank stroked my face and smiled encouragingly saying; "We'll help don't worry." Then he turned around and called Party over, who was just behind him. "Come help me." He ran over as quick as possible and carefully put his arm around me, while Frank did the same from the other side. Then they both lifted me up slowly, I groaned a little as Party brushed my injured side. "I'm sorry, sorry." I shook my head and lay my head on his shoulder as we started to walk across to the warehouse. At first, I was a bit limp, probably paralyzed by fear and dread. But we soon moved quickly but then my right leg gave way and my right side scraped against Frank's side as I fell a little. "Dammit." They both cursed. Then my other leg went and my eyes started to grow weak. I couldn't see anything and I started to panic as I heard Party said "Ghoul, we're losing her. " Then Frank's arm left me and I felt myself be picked up bridal style by Party. This would have been romantic if it wasn't for the gaping hole in my side and my blood everywhere. He started to run with Frank right behind him. 

We entered the warehouse where Jet and Kobra were all ready with basic first aid, like plasters, in hand. Party laid me down on the kitchen counter. He looked at his hands seeing the blood and turned to me in a blind panic. He spotted my side and yelled Frank and Jet over, "She's losing a lot of blood, what do we do?" 

Jet went into doctor mode and said; "I'm going to need to do stitches. I need to get her t-shirt off and find something I can use to stitch the wound up, and get me some bandages." Frank ran off with Kobra into the storage room and Party came closer to me. He and Jet held me up, then leant me against the wall so that I was sitting to some extent. "Amber, honey. We need you to try to lift your arms up please." Jet said holding my hand, squeezing it at times to make sure they didn't lose me. I nodded weakly feeling light headed. Slowly I raised my arms, it ached a little but it wasn't too bad. Then Jet took the end of my t-shirt and started to peel it off. I hissed at the pain and it was tugged off the wound. I looked over at Party and saw he was awkwardly looking away, he was so sweet. What a gentleman. Then my eye lids fluttered down again, my focus fading. "Party, we're losing her. You need to keep her awake." I could faintly heard Jet yell as I felt the vibrations from Franka nd Kobra's footsteps as they re-entered the main room with bandages and something to sew me back together. My heart skipped a beat when I sensed a familiar touch squeeze my hand. I tried to open my eyes but could only manage a squint as if a bright light was being shone into my eyes. Party was there holding my right hand with both his hands, it rested over his heart. I faintly smiled at him. He smiled back and said some words to me, something like "Keep looking at me, you need to stay with me." But i couldn't quite make it out as I felt a stinging pain on my side. I squealed and scream out. "Amber I'm just trying to disinfect it, it's gonna sting but try to focus on Party, not the pain." I nodded and tightly scrunched my eyes closed at the pain, gripping Party's hand so tight. He came closer to me and let me rest my head on his chest. He kissed me on the head, whispering into my hair, "I'm here, come on, it's ok. It'll be over soon." Suddenly a small stabbing pain sprung on my side. I clenched Party's hand again and hid my head in the crook of his neck, like I was hiding from the pain, waiting for it to give up and leave me alone as if we were playing hide and seek. There were about 11 more pricks at my side as Jet thread my skin together, then it was finally over. I let out a shallow breath and opened my eyes as I felt the comforts of a warm bandage being wrapped around my stomach, over the wound. I looked up at Party and smiled brightly, glad the pain was over. He smiled brightly back, glad to see I was ok. He gave me a quick peck on the lips as he whispered; "I love you."