Chapter 15

Including this chapter this story has roughly 29,261 words and is officially the longest one I've ever written. It's the first I've ever actually wanted to finish as well, in a good way. So I hope you're enjoying it, even if it has typos and is a little scruffy at places. And thanks for reading this story it means a lot.

Martha x

____________________________________________________________________________________

(Amber's POV)

"Dammit!" Party yelled after Frank had ran off. Red had walked off by now and Jet had walked over to Party and was talking to him quietly about something. I just looked around quickly at all the still party enthused guests, who hadn't even noticed our commotion, and decided to run back into the warehouse after Frank.

I got inside and went straight for the bedroom that I suspected was Frank's. I put my head against the door and heard groans and things being thrown from inside and nodded to myself; confirming that it was Frank's room. I knocked on the door and asked "Can I come in?"

"FUCK OFF!" was all I got in response from the other side of the door. I simply groaned and replied saying "No thanks. Look I'm coming in." He loudly groaned as I started to open the door and threw a small book at it in response. Once the door was fully open I walked in and finally saw the full extent of the mess; there were clothes everywhere (including a burnt through jacket by the door) and books and now broken glasses had been thrown around the room. I closed the door behind me and went to sit by Frank on the floor where he had placed himself leaning against the camping bed that he had. "I'm really sorry about it. But it was only a kiss and if you aren't comfortable about things happening between me and your best friend then you just have to say and nothing happens. Ok?" I said explaining myself and apologising as best as I could. He sighed and said "He's not just my friend though; he my fucking ex. He's Gerard and I-" He cut himself off and continued with "You've just ruined it." He said putting his head in his hands. I leaned back slightly in shock; did this mean that Frank was still in love with Party? Had I just kissed my brother's only love and fucked up all his chances with him? Fuck me. I put my hand over my mouth in shock of what I'd just done. "Oh my gosh! Frank I am so sorry. I didn't mean to, I'm so sorry." He just looked up at me and stared into my eyes with his teary ones. We stayed there for a while as I waited for his response but I saw something click in his eyes and he just gave me the biggest death glare anyone would have seen. I looked down in shame, I should have known, I should have been able to tell. He was so grumpy after I'd hung out with Party, I should have guessed that this was why. I felt so guilty but I still really liked Party and wanted to be with him, but I wanted my brother to be happy even more. I just breathed one more sorry and got up, I walked out the room as fast as I could and went straight up the metal stairs to the roof. I carefully open the hatch and pray that nobody is up here.

I stick just my head out of the trap door look around quietly hoping that is someone is there then I can just quickly sneak away; I really am not in the mood to interact with someone else right now. Luckily no one was around; I got up and gently let the hatch go down. Then loosely putting my head in my hands I loudly groaned letting out all my anger. But realising that the BBQ was still going on downstairs I slapped my hand over my mouth. I was just so irritated with myself. I couldn't imagine the pain of someone who you trusted coming along and taking the person who you loved away from you and then kissing them in front of you, the pain that Frank must have been feeling. The guilt was just building up inside but I guess I could have never guessed that Frank would have been watching us kiss. If it would have gone a different way and Frank wouldn't have seen the kiss, I could have gone and had a proper conversation with Frank about it all without him getting upset or viciously angry with me. I let out another groan, slightly more quiet this time and tried to think of different things in attempt to calm my temper down. Nothing was working, obviously. So I just let everything flood in; all the regrets, the things that I was making up to make the problem seem less bad, my feelings about Party, etc. With all the thoughts circling my head, I went and sat down on the edge of the roof. I hung my legs over the edge and left them hanging, looking over the BBQ which was still buzzing with life as if nothing had happened. But I guess unless you are involved in a problem in some way it doesn't affect you. And if you are involved it doesn't matter how bad the qualm is it's not gonna change the weather or change a stranger on the streets life, we really are, as single people, a very small part of this world.