V

The streets of Seoul resembled Tokyo with its bright lights and heavy traffic. I was always excited to arrive in a different country to explore the culture as well as close the deal. This time held no difference.

I came in with a great presentation of why our company would further Shinhan's revenue at half the costs of our competitors. The CEO was pleased and he signed the contract without hesitation and invited us to celebrate that night.

When we returned to the hotel, I picked out some outfits that I had in mind to wear tonight. I settled for a black sleeveless dress that flared out at my thigh. The back of the dress was cut to show off a little skin, but not too much.

I was exhausted and I knew that a nap was desperately needed so I set an alarm on my phone for 30 minutes so I could get some shut eye.

I awoke to a phone call from Giovanni and was very pissed.

"Yes?" I answered annoyed

"I've been knocking on your door." He responded

I removed the phone from my ear to look at the time. My alarm said I still had eight minutes left.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed

I got out of bed and headed towards the door while holding the phone to my ear. I opened the door and Giovanni was leaning against the door sill with a smirk on his face. He had on his suit, putting me to shame with my own appearance.

I knew how I looked right now, my hair a mess from sleeping without a scarf, my eyes baggy from my interrupted nap, and a murderous look.

"Do you have any ice?" He asked

"You woke me up for ice?" I asked slowly

"Yea." He smiled

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. He has really been irking my nerves lately and I seriously wanted to choke him.

"In the fridge." I stated bluntly

"You are not a happy camper when you wake up." he said

"Well if someone wouldn't have woken me up for some ice, then we wouldn't be having this conversation." I shot back

I really wanted to go back to sleep, but noy noy here wanted to have a conversation.

"Are you going to get the ice or not?" I asked irritated

He put his hands up in surrender and went into the kitchenette. He grabbed one of the glasses in the cabinet and reached into the fridge and spilled some cubes in the glass.

"Why were you napping anyway?" he asked

I rolled my eyes.

"Because you work me to death and I thought it would be nice to have a little sleep." I explained with my hands on my hips

"You have such an attitude." he pointed out

"You know this, it's nothing new."

He came closer to me and I took a few steps back. I hated feeling small and he was just so gigantic when we were up close.

"Why do you always pick a fight with me, tesoro?" he teased

The last word I knew was definitely not English because it made my heart skip a beat.

"Tesoro?" I asked confused

"Italian." he stated

"I'm not stupid. What does it mean?"

"Doesn't matter." he shrugged

"I'll just look it up later."

"If you can spell it." he smirked