25. Epilogue

Peter creeped towards the kitchen with his little twin sisters, Piper and Peyton following him.

He was tall enough to look through the window of the kitchen to see his smallest brother , Pierre's head and little fingers holding the sill.

He gave him a thumbs up but wasn't sure Pierre could see. He was just 5 years old and too short to reach up. Piper and Peyton were 8 years old and Peter just turned 10 last week.

He knew he should have been the one standing out there instead of Pierre but stubborn Pierre wanted to prove himself that he was capable to complete this mission.

Peter turned around and nodded at Piper. Piper smiled evilly and rubbed her hands together then she cried loudly and ran into the kitchen and hugged their mother from behind.

Mommy gasped. She turned around and crouched to get to Piper's height. Peter and Peyton also entered the kitchen following Piper.

"Mommy, my leg." She said, fake tears pouring down her cheeks.

Mommy's face was stained with chocolate. She was making chocolate chip cookies today.

Top secret mission was to distract mommy so that Pierre could steal all the cookies from the kitchen platform.

Pierre had managed to climb the sill. He looked funny with his tongue poking out of his mouth.

"What happen, my baby? I don't see anything wrong with your leg." Mommy said, bring Peter's attention back to the distraction squad.

"She fell while we were playing. Something pointy go stuck in her heel." Peter said, lying smoothly.

"Yes, both her legs." Peyton said. Peter elbowed her. She was no good at lying and her lies were always impossible to believe.

"Both her legs?" Mommy asked, suspiciously narrowing her eyes.

She looked at Peter and raised one blonde eyebrow. Peter shrugged. "She doesn't know which leg, better check both, mommy." He said, innocently.

Mommy got to the task of removing Piper's shoe, who's lace was tied into a triple knot. It was Peter's brilliant idea to stall.

His eyes darted towards the kitchen window. Pierre was struggling to open the window. Peter gritted his teeth and resisted to slap his forehead when he saw daddy appear in his line of vision.

Daddy poked Pierre's shoulder, startling him and he almost slipped but daddy caught him and carried him up.

Daddy's lips moved. Questioning Pierre. 

Peter snorted.

It was their code sound for 'Mission Failed'. If Pierre had passed then Peter would make the code sound for 'Mission Passed' which was a cough. Peyton stomped her foot and Piper frowned.

Mommy was still trying to open the lace. Peter noticed that her blue mater...something ,something dress was also stained. Mommy was too small to wear that dress. But daddy had said that in a few months she would become a whale and the dress would be perfect. 

It was the same dress she had worn before Pierre was born. Soon they would have another baby in the family. Peter hoped it was another boy. He needed more boys in his team.

They needed to complete all their missions successfully. But with members like Peyton and Pierre all their missions were failures.

Only Piper was good. She was a drama queen. The best at what she did. If only another boy as smart as Peter was born then they enjoy stealing cookies and cakes.