19.Bad Party Luck

Catra stood in front of the mirror and looked at the white mark in the middle of her chest. 

The bullet wound was long healed but refused to go away. Some wound stay, the doctor had said. It had been three days since, Catra had woken up. Pius made love to her everyday. He told her he loved her everyday. Penny was back. Milo was back. Her brother was finally here to meet her.  Her son was alright. Everyone was alright. 

But then, why did Catra feel like something big was going to happen? 

She so didn't want to go for this party. She didn't want Pius to call a party just because Catra was fine. He said it was for Penny too. But Catra hated parties, ever since she lost Pius in one.

And she was restless, with the shooter still out there. She tried to reason with Pius. That her son was taken aim on and almost shot. But he said that the castle was properly guarded.

She didn't want to risk it. But Pius refused to listen to anything she said.

It was frustrating.

She remembered the day she had woken up. Pius was so loving with her. The words he said. The things he did. He had brought Peter's cradle in their room and had locked them up in the room for three days straight, only keeping them both sustained on each other's blood.

Catra had enjoyed every moment of it. She signed. She had to do this. Nothing bad was going to happen today. She had to trust Pius on this. 

She was brought out of her reverie by hands that wrapped themselves around her waist and lips that kissed her neck.

"I need to get ready." She said, giggling.

Pius snorted. "You can't resist me. Before party sex is traditional." He whispered against her skin, his tongue slipping out to lick her earlobe.

She moaned but pushed at his hands, remembering that dreaded day.

"I hope nothing happens to us this time."

"Your just worrying yourself for nothing. Everything's going to be fine, Cat." He was looking in the mirror now. His eyes went to her chest. To her wound.

His long broad fingers traced the white scar. "It's hideous, isn't it?" Catra asked, insecure about her body.

"It make you even beautiful. It reminds me of the love you have for our son. Oh, Catra....what would happen if you didn't save him....what would happen..." he said, his voice breaking and he hid his face in her neck again.

He took deep breaths, hugging her tighter. She felt fierce love for her son and would even want to imagine what would have happened to him.

Pius lifted his head to look at her again. "We should probably get ready. " he said, smiling softly.

Catra gave him a feline smile. "I thought you wanted something from me." She said, trying to lighten his mode.

He grinned back at her." Yes, Mrs. Valor. I want something....something only you can give me."

And she gave him whatever he wanted.

----

Pius was already out of the room and waiting down at the party hall of the castle for Catra.

She was still not ready. Pius have take quite some time with her. As much as she loved him, she hated the fact that he didn't have to put any make up and walk around in 4 inch pencil heels.

Who had brought her these heels?

Didn't Melody know that Catra was no good at walking in such high heels?

Why had she brought them?

Catra was so angry that her maskara kept getting wrong and the zip of her dress wasn't coming up after it got stuck in some cloth.

She got angry and decided to wear a red sleeveless plain dress. The only thing stylish about it was that it was backless and had small beads at sides.

The heels matched the dress. Thank god. Or she would have to spend another half hour searching for another pair of heels.

Catra decided to leave her hair open and walked towards the mirror to look at herself.

She looked good.

Blood red lipstick matched her dress and her heels. It made her look sexy because she was pale. Catra was satisfied with her look and walked out of her closet.

Melody stood waiting for her. She was wearing a plain long sleeved blue kneelength dress and plain black heels. They were not too long and made it easier to walk.

Catra glared at Melody.

"Why am I wearing 4 inch pencil heels. I told you I'm not used to heels. You've made this so hard for me, Melody. " She said to her maid, who gave her a sheepish smile.

"They look perfect. You look hot, tonight." Melody said putting two thumbs up.

Catra smiled at that. "Thanks. You look so plain. Are you sure you don't want one of my dresses?" She asked her, again. She had asked her that evening if she wanted a dress, Melody had refused. Catra wanted her to enjoy tonight. Not many servers were invited for the party. Melody was one of them that were lucky to be called.

"I'm sure. It's not good for us servents to wear our masters dresses. Thanks for asking anyway." 

"Oh, that's nonsense. If I want you to wear my dress then you wear my dress. Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. Now let us go. We're getting late." She said and opened the door for her.

Catra walked out of her room, with a smile on her face. Maybe if she kept smiling then the party would go on without any faults.

No such luck. Catra thought when she started to feel her eyelids get heavy.

She put her hand to the wall for support and put her other hand to her head.

"What's happening to me?" She asked, to no one in paticular.

"Your going to sleep." Melody said, coming to stand in front of her.

Catra blinked to get the spots out of her eyes. "What..." She felt her mouth get heavy and Melody blurred into another women.

She was as pale as Catra but even beautiful.

She had pink plump lips, high cheekbones and sky blue, cold eyes. She was Hanes...In a women. Except for her pointy ears.

Lunia Grey.

The name floated in Catra's ears. Chameleon elf. Seer. Hanes daughter. Catra could only remember these words from her conversation with Jaques. Everything else was blurry due to the next day's bloodlust. 

"Sleep, dear relative. " She said, before Catra could say anything.

Catra couldn't resist.

Her eyes closed on her own and she crumbled to the floor. Lost in dreams of chameleons with pointy ears and cold, cold eyes.