23. Proper Proposal

Pius closed his eyes.

The shot rang out, following a pain filled shout.

Pius opened his eyes in surprise to see as Philip fell to the ground clutching to his bleeding hand.

The gun was fallen down on the ground. Penelope suddenly appeared and kicked the gun away.

She turned around and smiled at Pius. He looked towards his saviour.

Nikolai stood there at the top of the stairs, he held a black gun in his hand and was blowing away the smoke at its muzzle. 

"You owe me now. I saved your ass. " He grinned.

But Pius wasn't paying attention to him.

Catra stood beside him. Her make up smuged and hair tousled. Her wrists bruised and her dress torn from down.

She still looked as beautiful as ever to him.

Pius smiled at her and opened his arms, beckoning her to him for a hug.

She complied.

A sob broke out from her red lips as she ran towards him. Her body barreled into his and he twirled her around when she was safely in his arms.

"Oh, my darling Catra. My baby...I thought I'd never see you again." He whispered in her ear. Her tears wetted his button up shirt but he didn't seem to mind.

All her cared about was that Catra was safely in his arms and they were both fine.

"She got away. Damn it." Nikolai said, growling his rage and breaking Pius out of his little bubble.

He looked towards the angry demon. He was holding Catra's necklace...which she had worn for the party and was still wearing. 

Lunia had worn it..as Catra in disguise.

She was gone.

The heels fallen on the ground, a trinket and the dress she had worn. Everything was fallen down.

A crow cawed twice. All attention went to the bird sitting on a broken window.

Caw. Caw.

It said and then flew away.

"Smart choice, Lulu." The Demon King whispered and turned around, returning to the castle.

Most of the people had ran away.

Philip and his other shooters were taken away by the guards that had sneeked in while Philip had told Pius his sad story.

They had also heard about the crimes Gabriel Valor had committed.

Lorena Valor cried and tugged at the guard's hands who was trying to take the elder Valor away.

"Stop. " Pius ordered the guard.

"I knew you'd come. I'm your father after all. You can't just let them take me away." Gabriel Valor said, smiling smugly at the guard.

"You are no father of mine. " Pius said, coldly. The older Vampire froze.

"You tried to assassinate me. You weren't my father then, were you? Now when you are being taken away then you suddenly claim to be my father? " He sneered at his former father's stunned face.

"Gabriel Valor for your crimes against the Vampire Duke, I condemn you to life in prison and reject the name you have given our family. The Valor Family will now be know as the Vitely Family. Your name shall forever be known in Vampire History. As the name of a Traitor." Pius said and Lorena wailed as Gabriel was taken away.