17.Wake up call

P. S- I have published 19 chapters.  Are you reading all? Some chapters show 0 views. I already published Chapter 18 Making Love a week ago. Nobody read it.
--

I heard voices.

They were distant and low. Familiar and sad.

I heard Jason. I heard Pius. I heard Peter. I heard Pisces. I heard Hanes. And I heard other unknown voices.

I also heard machines beeping and annoying me. I felt a sense of déja vu. I remembered the time I had been in the hospital. Pregnant with Peter and weak from the change, needing Pius blood.

But this time I wasn't alone.

People touched me. Stroked my head. Whispered in my ears. Kissed my cheeks. Held my hands. Pressed my legs.

I heard the cry of my son and felt his hungry pulls on my breast. I felt the hands of my husband as he bathed me. I heard his voice telling me to wake up. And every time I tried, and I tried so hard, I couldn't. I was just a silent spectator in my own body. Helpless and useless. A souless body.

I heard the fear and desperation in his voice and felt a kind of perverse satisfaction. I waited for him. Now let him wait for me. But at the same time I wanted to wake up and hug him and tell him that it's not his fault that I got shot.

And he thinks it is.

He tells me to wake up. And then tells me he's sorry. 
But the best thing is the fact that he tells me he loves me.

He tells me loves me.

--

Sometimes some people need a wake up call to realise their love for someone.

Pius held Catra's hand and signed. Why didn't I realise earlier? Why didn't I remember earlier? He asked himself and looked at his wife's serene face.

She had been in a coma for a week now.

The bullet had missed her heart and he was ever glad it had. He didn't know what he would do if Catra was dead. He remembered now.

Everything.

And he was sad that he didn't remember it sooner. A trauma related to the past triggers forgotten memory. Catra had been gravely wounded before and it triggered his memories.

Luckily he also remembered the people who had attacked him.

It was Philip, the keeper of the slaves. He and a couple of unknown Vampires.

Pius was sure it was Phil who stole the rifles from the Demon warehouse ,too. Philip was awarded the title 'guard' by Hanes for saving some of the slaves from the burning house.

And then that leaves the question of who Philip works for. Because he's too stupid to try something like this without anyone else guiding him. Someone to play the strings.

As soon as Catra was in the hospital and out of danger, I had asked my men to find Philip and his thugs and bring them to me. That was three days ago. They've still not found him.

But they will...soon.

And then he's going to get what's coming to him.

I stood up and kissed Catra's forehead. I didn't want to leave her but today Penelope and Milo were returning from Canada and I wanted to greet them at any cost.

"I want her to be shifted to the castle." I said to the guards who were waiting outside. They nodded simultaneously and I walked away towards the stairs of the Hospital. 

--

"How is she?" Hanes asked as we waited at the door of the castle for the car to arrive. I was wearing an armani suit to match Hanes. Peter was the only one in casual clothes. He was wearing a blue shirt that said Mommy's boy and a matching blue cotton pant.
He was squirming in my hands and trying to put his little hand in my hair.

The guards lined the walls of the castle awaiting the return of my sister. I had doubled the security since Catra was shot.

My dear Catra was now asleep in my room. Still asleep.

"Still in the coma. The doctor says it will take a while for her to awake. He suggested feeding her." I said and Hanes nodded.

"You should try and...you know. " Hanes said looking down at his great grand son in my hands and then looking back at me.

"It might bring back the awareness." He said and I nodded.

"I'm proud of you, Pius. You should know." He suddenly said and just after that the guard shouted from above.

"I'm see the car! The Princess has arrived with her mate." I straighten and hold Peter's head as the gates opened.

We walked towards the car together but before the car could stop, Penny was out and running towards me. 

She was as beautiful as I remembered her. She looked just a bit thin but I didn't care, she was beautiful and I was glad that she was finally back.

Penny faltered when she saw Peter in my arms but then continued to run towards me and jumped for a hug.

I hugged her, smelling her familiar scent. My darling baby sister. She had finally returned.

Milo got out of the car and I smiled at him. He grinned back and raised two thumbs as a thumbs up. He was thinner than Penny and had a scar on his cheek. His hair too was cut short but otherwise he was alright.

He walked towards us and I noticed the limp in his step.

"Pius." He said and I nodded. His eyes darted towards the squirming child in my arms and I smiled.

Penny broke the hug to look at my face. "I'm so glad you saved us. I don't know what we would have done without you." She said and kissed my cheek.

"Penny, I'm glad too. I missed you. Both of you." She then turned towards Hanes and hugged him too. I shook hands with Milo and gave him a manly hug.

"I'm sorry for losing you in that forest." He whispered in my ear.

"No. Your not sorry for anything. You lost me there and that is why I found you today." I said and handed him my son.

"Penny, Milo meet my son, Peter." I said smiling down at the child who was pointing at Milo's hair and coeing. 

"Catra's and Yours?" Penny asked with a bright smile and I nodded.

"Where is she? She didn't come to meet me?" Penny said looking around. I signed.

"It's a long story."