Chapter 34

Heyo! OHDUCIU3GCU3 OMGGGG I cannot believe I am at chapter 34! Thank you all for all these views, and thanks for following the story up to here! I hope you love this chapter! BTW I'm sorry for that terrible hangcliff last time! Here it is!

{Juvia's POV}

     No... not this... this...

     THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!

     Gray smirked at me, his smile no longer teasing and bright, but instead a wicked grin full of lust and hatred.

     He crouched down, beside my cage, and waved at me teasingly.

     "Hello Juvia," he smirked.

     No... this could not be Gray. Gray would never do this to me. I sat up, trying to hold a fierce expression, and I spat in his face.

     "WHO are you and WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH GRAY!?" I said, my voice wavering as the metal scraped my skin.

     He put up his black gloved hand to wipe away the spit from his face.

     "Yeah, yeah, nice to see you too. I missed meeting up in your head. Ahh those lovely dreams you had with me. The way you screamed..." he licked his lips, closed his eyes, and tilted his head back a bit, "... Mmmm, Just made me want to eat you right there and then! Delicious!"

     "You're disgusting," I spat, this time, actually sounding strong as I blocked out the pain.

     He looked toward me again, then shot his hand into the cage, grabbed the back of my neck tight, and drew back, slamming me against the edge of the cage. My head was tilted slightly sideways.

     He took on a blank expression, as his face slowly inched closer to mine. Then he scraped his tongue against my cheek, just as a tear fell from my eye.

     "And you, my dear, are delicious," he said, breathing against my skin.

     Then he pulled back, with a melancholy grin smeared on his face. He then cackled. It made me want to tear my own eyes out. This man, he wasn't Gray. He also radiated a lot of power. Not magic, no... this was... curse power? He radiated the same power as the demons of Tartaros, but only much much stronger.

     "Where... is Gray?" I asked.

     There was a brief silence, as I stared into the eyes of the one who looked like Gray.

     "Oh fiiiine... you really want to see him? Fine!" The man said, no... remembering back... this was the demon from my nightmares... so, the demon said.

     Then, he clicked his fingers. I didn't realize anything had changed, until I heard a groan from behind me. My head spun around, to find Gray, laying on the floor of this cage. He was unconscious, wearing his usual outfit.

     He was trembling, and a sheet of glossy sweat covered his burning skin. Then he started to cough more blood. There was blood all around his mouth, suggesting he had been coughing up this thick warm maroon liquid for a while now. I rushed over to his side, scraping my skin across this burning metal floor. I was shaking him, even though he was trembling.

     "Gray? Gray?! WAKE UP GRAY! PLEASE! ...please...." I sobbed.

     "This is all your fault you know, Juvia. If Gray had never met you, if you never existed, he would be fine!" the demon yelled.

     I hugged his body, wanting the trembling to stop. Then, it did. And it was terrifying. I couldn't hear myself screaming his name, all the noises faded into the background, leaving only a loud continuous buzzing, ringing in my ears. My words felt like sandpaper against my throat as I desperately forced them out. I shook Gray, but... no response. His body was limp and lifeless.

     The tears in my eyes clouded my vision. No... he couldn't be... I lifted my shaking hands off of his body, and put a hand to his neck, to feel his pulse. I pressed my fingers against his cool skin, and waited. Each second, felt like forever, forever getting longer each time. Then, time seemed to stop, as I realized the undeniable truth...

     The one who found me, gave me emotions, gave me a family, gave me his love, gave me his time, his glistening smiles and cool touch, the one who shaped me as a person. The one I first really loved, the one I will love forever, the one who I cherish, I cherish all his flaws and perfections.

     The one... my true love... was dead.

.
.
.

Gray... was dead. And it was all my fault.