Chapter 2

Hey guys! I'm back! Like the fanfic so far? Please suggest it to other Fairy Tail fans!

{Gray's POV}

     It was six in the morning, the earliest time for work. Actually it was a bit before six, so Master or Mira wouldn't be there yet. They would come in a few minutes, maybe ten.

     I usually came early so I could get the best jobs, before anyone else woke up. If I didn't come early, Natsu and Lucy would always get the best jobs. Man they were annoying! Ever since Natsu finally had the guts to ask Lucy out, they are always around each other being... ugh! Can't they do that in their own free time? And not around everyone else? It's just awkward. Natsu won't even fight me anymore since he's too busy cuddling with Lucy or something.

     Anyways, Natsu and Lucy usually get the best jobs, so they are like the best couple in Fairy Tail, but now I'm coming early, so that's gonna be me and Juvia soon.

     "Wow... did I just think that up?" I mumbled to myself.

     I pushed open the guild doors and walked inside, naturally looking for Juvia, as I did secretly every day, even though I knew she was probably still at her place. But then, I saw her. She was laying in a puddle of her own tears next to a table in the dining part of the guild hall. She was crying and wheezing.

     "Juvia!" I shouted before I ran up to her and knelt down beside her.

     She had her eyes closed. She was asleep. Was she having a nightmare? Judging on the big puddle of tears, it was a long harsh one. I had to wake her up!

     "Juvia?!" I shouted, now holding her in my arms, "Juvia, wake up, it's ok, I'm here. It's Gray... open your eyes, Juvia, please."

     She screamed, and I felt like someone stabbed me when she did. It hurt me to see her like this. I just wanted her to be happy, to see her smile. I held her close to me. Her body temperature was way above what it should be. It was almost as hot as Natsu's flames. I pressed her against my bare chest. Hold on... where'd my shirt go?! Ugh. I still had my pants on which was good. She screamed again. I held her against me and whispered in her ear.

     "Shhh, Juvia open your eyes, it's all okay. Just open your eyes. It's ok."

     I went on like this for about half a minute, before she stopped screaming and took a deep breath. She was still crying.

     "G-Gray~Sama?" Juvia whimpered.

     She was awake! I exhaled deeply in relief.

     "Juvia? Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

     "Gray... that doesn't make sense... I-I... I thought... you were... dead," she cried.

     "Shhh, no I'm here, I'm fine. It was all just a dream, you're fine," I said reassuringly.

     She was trembling a lot, so much that I was shaking too. She continued to cry.

     "Please stop crying," I mumbled. It hurt me to see her cry.

     "Juvia is... very very sorry... sorry... sorry!"

     "Juvia, there's no need to be sorry," I told her.

     After a minute, I picked her up and held her against me. She swung her legs around me and held on to me. She was resting her head on my shoulder. I walked over to the bar where Mira usually would be, and grabbed a towel from the cabinet of the counter. Then I walked over to the puddle of tears knelt down, and started to wipe up the mess. I was looking over Juvia's shoulder doing this, but that didn't make it too much more difficult, since Juvia was light and not too tall.

     She had stopped crying now, and was still sniffling a bit. Her temperature had also gone down to normal. While I was cleaning up the mess, a question came to my mind.

{Juvia's POV}

     "What did you dream about?" Gray asked me.

     I remembered back to the dream. No... I stopped thinking about it. It was horrible. It seemed so real... I was still in shock from seeing Gray~Sama alive. And from... the dream, the nightmare... of course.

     I started to calm down now that he was here. It felt good to be near him. His cold skin cooled me off.

     I didn't want to talk, or even think, about that dream. I still couldn't believe how real it felt. I still felt the pain of the whip on my skin. I stayed quiet.

     "It's okay if you don't wanna tell me Juvia, I understand," he said.

     "Juvia will tell you, just... just not right now..." I croaked, my throat sore from screaming.

     "...How often do you have nightmares?" he asked.

     "Juvia has had them for a couple of days now, that's why... Juvia has not been coming to work. But Juvia needed to pay her rent yesterday so Juvia was gonna come get a good job, before Juvia... fell... asleep..." I whimpered, "the landlady has probably already cleared out Juvia's things."

     "Why didn't you just ask someone to borrow some money?" he asked.

     "Juvia didn't want to take her friends money..." I cried.

     I started to cry.

     "It's okay Juvia," Gray reassured me.

     "No its not. Juvia has no where to go..." I replied.

     "...You can live with me. If you want that is," he said.

{Gray's POV}

     Did I just say that? What was I doing? I mean, I've always secretly wanted this, but... how would she reply?

     "Juvia... live with Gray~Sama?" she mumbled.

     She stopped crying now and was sniffling. I could feel her cheek getting warmer as it rested on my shoulder.

     Was she blushing? What have I done?!

     "Yeah," I replied trying to keep my cool (haha keep my cool ), "but only if you want to!"

     "Ok-kay..." Juvia replied.

     YES! TOTALLY SCORED! I tried to not let my excitement show too much but I couldn't hold back a smile.

     Luckily, she was facing away from me so she couldn't see it. Then I was finished cleaning up so I got up with Juvia still clinging to me, and put the towel on the counter.