Chapter Twenty Nine

Začít od začátku

Liam lent forward on the desk, pushing the papers back towards her. Rowen swallowed hard, she wasn't swallowing anything as her mouth had dried out with the look he was giving her.

"Sit."

She sat, fell back really. She watched him walk towards the present, pick it up and walk back towards the door. He called out to her guard Gino and handed him the present, before shooing him back to his wife. Gino nodded in her direction, she tried to smile, and she hoped it worked. Gino gave her an odd look before Liam chuckled and pushed him gently.

"Go be with your wife." Liam ordered gently. "Say hello to the Bambina for us."

Liam waited until Gino was gone before he stepped back and shut the door to the office, leaving himself and Rowen locked inside it. Rowen was still sitting, she was staring at him like a frightened mouse and she knew it. She didn't know what he was going to do with her and it frightened her a little.

Liam turned around and smirked at her once more. Rowen chewed on her lip.

"So," Liam started walking towards her. "On a scale of one to ten... how pissed are you?" She asked nervously.

Liam chuckled shaking his head at her. "I'm not."

Rowen opened her mouth and closed it. "But, you... what?"

"I'm not angry Rowen, why would I be? You've found what I've been looking for." he was behind her now, her heart racing in her chest. "I'm contemplating having you go over everything and find what I cannot." he pulled the chair away, his hands under her arms as he lifted her from the chair.

Rowen's body was like water, flowing where he wanted it to. She was still slightly afraid of what he was going to do, but his words made her feel a little bit better about her current situation. As long as he wasn't angry she could deal with the rest of it.

"So, what's going to happen now?" she asked timidly.

"Now." his voice rasped next to her ear before he licked it. "Now I'm going to fuck you over my desk." a kiss to her jaw.

"A-and after?" it was hard for her to breathe, her heart was racing to a new beat, her lungs weren't getting enough air.

"After," he kissed down her neck. "After, I'll let you go over these numbers."

~***~***~***~

Rowen was sitting in Liam's lap, the only thing she had on was his shirt. He had put his pants back on because she wouldn't look at the numbers while he was naked. So he begrudgingly put his pants back on and pulled her back into his lap.

She was armed with a yellow and pink highlighter; she had marked most of the papers. Yellow for what she deemed odd transactions and pink for the ones that were too obvious.

"This is just getting stupid now." she grumbled as she swiped her pink highlighter through another transaction.

"How so." Liam rested his head on her shoulder looking over it.

"It's almost like he is trying to lead you in a different direction. The small odd transactions are enough that most would over look them, mostly under $200. But these ones," she pointed to all the pink. "They're large amounts all over $3,000 and in areas that are in the opposite direction to where the smaller ones are."

"Wouldn't he be where the large amounts are coming from?"

"Well most would think so yes, but it doesn't seem right to me. There is nothing near here that would draw your father, no mines, no old buildings, no vacant lots or buildings. Nowhere to hide."