Chapter 46~NYC

Time Skip - 2 Months Later
Sam's P.O.V

It's been about two months now. A whole two months since Haley's been gone. Everyone has seemed to move on with their lives, forgetting everything that happened only a few months ago. It is like they're scared to talk to me about it. Everyone avoids bringing it up. Haley's teachers, however, tend to love to reassure me, though. They say that although she isn't here, she still somehow manages to get her missed homework and hand it to them online. I laugh at the thought because that is something only my sister would do. The teachers always gush about how much they love Haley's dedication to her education. It can be extremely annoying to listen to them constantly talk about the paper she just emailed them. But at the same time, I'm grateful. By the teachers telling me Haley is handing in reports to them, I know that she's alive. That is the only way I know. She hasn't contacted me or anyone else. Well, not that I know of.

I've found a way to move on with my life. Although, I never feel truly the same. Connor and Kian have been the same way too; Moving on, but not the same. At least O2L still continues doing well. I don't know what I would do without the support of the viewers, especially through the last two months. It means more to me than they will ever know. There is a YouTube event going on in New York this weekend. All the guys are going and for the first time in months, I actually feel somewhat excited to do something again. A weekend away with the boys, what could be better than that? We leave tonight since it's Thursday and we wanted to get there a day early to look around.

School is already over and I'm currently at home packing my bag. Time goes by quickly and soon I hear my phone buzzing. I look at the caller ID before answering and notice it's a call from Kian. He tells me they are all outside waiting in the car. I rush out and throw my bag into the trunk of Ricky's Jeep. It's a tight squeeze, but we somehow manage to fit me, Jc, Trevor and Connor in the back seat. On the drive to the airport, we talk about future plans we want to do together as Our2ndlife. We have been talking a lot recently about a US tour and maybe stopping at some cities in Canada. The idea excites me and the fact that it is in the works of happening is incredible.

After a long dreadful hour of waiting in long lines, we are finally on the plane. I've sat in the window seat with Kian in the middle and Jc sitting in the aisle seat. My mind wanders off to the time we were on the plane going to Vidcon.

"Remember the plane ride to Vidcon?" I laugh, talking to Kian.

"Hopefully this time we won't get as many dirty looks." Kian laughs along.

"I can't promise that." I say, glancing at Jc, who has already asked one of the flight attendants for an alcoholic drink.

Once the plane starts to move everyone quiets down and I find myself drifting to sleep for the entire plane ride.

The Next Day
Kian's P.O.V

I woke up this morning with an irritating crane in my neck. It must be from that long plane ride last night. Also, the time zone change has me a little thrown off, but I'm sure I'll get used to it soon. At the hotel, Sam and I are rooming together while Jc is with Trevor and Connor is rooming with Ricky. Our rooms are all connected so it's convenient. All the guys are currently sitting around in Connor and Ricky's room deciding what we want to do for the day. Well, everyone except Ricky who is currently out running through Central Park. Although we're on a trip, he says he doesn't want to break his workout routine. Who can blame him?

"Okay, so we obviously have to go to Time Square and we can't forget about stopping to see the Statue of Liberty." Connor says, writing up a list.

"About the Empire State Building?" Trevor suggests.