Chapter 30~Yellow Bridge

Short A/N: I'm sorry for the long wait for a new update. I get a lot of school work and I have no time to write. Sorry again for the long wait. If you ever have any questions direct message me on here. But anyways this is a loooong chapter so sit back and get comfy!

Recap

I walk to the open doorframe, overlooking the restaurant. I can't believe what I'm seeing. They already stabbed me in the heart and now this is the twist of the knife.

Haley's P.O.V

I walk past Dahnielle towards the open doorframe that overlooks the private room of the restaurant. I stand by the railing in shock. I can't believe what I'm seeing.

"Haley-" I hear Dahnielle start but I cut her off by walking down the stairs into the private room.

My heart rate increases with each step and a lump forms in my throat, however no tears fall. An emotionless expression is plastered on my face as my eyes are filled with overpowering feelings of sadness and anger. I feel nauseous and terrible.

I make it down the stairs with Danni following quickly behind me, trying to talk to me. I silence her voice in my head only concentrated on the heart breaking view.

I stand at the bottom of the staircase emotionless, staring at the group of people before me.
When they begin to notice my presence in the room and my facial expression, the room quickly becomes dead silent.

Before me, in the private party room is a group of my closest friends, sitting around a ginormous table and at the head of the table is Sam. Above him was a large poster saying "Happy Birthday Sam!" Everyone was here. Connor, Kian, Ricky, Jc, Trevor, Sam, Andrea, Jenn, Rebecca, Lia, Danni and to my surprise some visitors from far away were also here. Zoe, Alfie, Jim, Tanya, Joe, and Caspar were also joined at the table.
So this is where they were all day. Planning a birthday party for my brother. Nobody cared to talk to me. Nobody cared to plan a birthday party for me. Is it not my birthday today too? 

I make eye contact with Connor. He examines my face then quickly rushes out of his seat towards me.

"Don't." I say with no emotion at all, stopping Connor as he gets up out of his seat. He freezes, standing behind his chair and politely tucks it in.

"Haley it's not what it looks-"

"Connor stop." I say silencing him, pain now present in my voice.

"Haley please-"

"Dahnielle don't you dare touch me." I say sternly, interrupting her sentence and swatting her hand away before it landed on my shoulder.

I glance around the room looking at everyone. All eyes are on me. They all look worried, anxious and nervous. Their busted and they know it. Do they even understand how much this is hurting me right now?!

Tears start pouring down my face. I quickly cover my eyes with my hands and turn my back towards them. I let out a loud sob. Keep yourself together Haley!
I turn back around wiping my eyes. I suddenly throw my umbrella on the floor in anger, causing everyone to flinch.

Connor slowly starts to walk towards me again.

"Connor don't even try! Get back in your seat now. It's my-It's my turn to talk." I say with closed eyes.