Chapter 42~Why?

*Some foul language used

Third Person P.O.V

It was another week later, now December 11th. It had been almost two months since that day at the yellow bridge. Haley was slowly recovering, but ever since what happened with Connor, a week ago, it was almost as if Haley shut down. She was more quiet than usual and hardly spoke to anybody. Even when she did, it was only to ask a nurse for help with going to the washroom. Haley sat in her hospital bed each day, starring at the four walls. She ate and drank little when given food and ignored anyone who tried speaking to her. It was as if she was trapped inside her own world. Even when Doctor Sarr and Sam talked to Haley about transferring her to another hospital, she didn't say a word. She nodded, signed the paper where they told her to and blocked out everything else they were saying. Time had stopped for her. Almost permanently. 

Sam's P.O.V

Today was the day. It was the day Haley was being transferred to another hospital where she would receive psychiatric care. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Hell, I think I'm more nervous than Haley. Haley hasn't said a word about it. She didn't even complain about it at all. Without a single protest, she signed all the papers that said she would go willingly and today was the day of that transfer. Not only was she going to get mental care at this hospital, she was also going to be given physiotherapy. Because of Haley's injuries, she has been having a hard time trying to walk. The doctors also explained that all her muscles have weakened so even with crutches, she wouldn't be able to. I know she will get better, but not knowing how long she will be there scares me. They say the least amount of time for her is about two or three weeks, but the longest can be several months. I want to hope she will get better there, but what if she doesn't? What if this place makes her worse? Not being in control of all of this scares me. I have little to no control of what they're going to do with her there.

"Are you ready?" I said, looking at Haley. I sat by the side of her bed, watching her. She didn't respond. Haley hasn't been talking much since the incident with Connor. I wish I knew what was going on in her head.

"You have nothing to be worried about. It is a nice place. It really is." I reassured her. "The people and doctors there are really friendly. I may have even convinced them to cook you waffles for breakfast." I smiled, looking back at her. Her face was emotionless as she stared at the wall in front of her.

"I will be there for two hours each day to see you and you can always call me on the phone. I can also take some of your stuff and bring it to you there. Im sure you would love if I brought some of your favourite books. You did mention you wanted to finish reading the Chronicles of Narnia." I continued.

Silence.

"Haley, just because your going to be at a different place does not mean I don't want you around. I'm not shipping you off to some place because I don't want you here. Your going to get better there and once you get out, your going to be twice as healthy. I want you to remember that just because I won't be able to be with you all day, doesn't mean that I'm not here for you. I promise you I'm not going anywhere, I will be here waiting for you. I will never leave you again. I promise you that. Everyone is going to be here waiting for you. All of us. Me, Kian, Connor, Trevor, Ricky, Jc, Andrea, Jenn, Rebecca, Lia, Dahnielle and even all of our British friends. We are all here for you whenever you need us no matter what. Even when you think we're not, we are, more than ever." 

That is when it all began happening. The door opened and in walked two nurses and Doctor Sarr with a wheelchair. The nurse helped Haley off of the bed and onto the chair. They then made Haley sign a couple of more forms. I also had to sign a few that would put Haley's full protection into the hands of the Doctors. They had already talked with me about not going with her on the drive there. They said by doing so, I might make the whole scenario harder for her. So the goodbyes began. Again, I promised I would come visit her and bring some of her belongings there. I told her I'm always going to be here and that if she needs me I'm only one phone call away. Lastly, I told her what I was most unsure of. I said she would be out soon and that she wouldn't be there for too long. Then I reminded her that this wasn't a goodbye, it was only a see you soon. However, I was unsure of that also.