"Like a sibling." He says. I had forgotten that we haven't told told the kids we were trying to have a kid. But Abby hasn't really been telling me what has been going on with her. Its been two months since our last sexual encounter, surprisingly. Its because of her new job and my new job. Hours were crazy, and we were always tired and never in the mood.

If I was tired she'd want, if she was tired I'd want. But it never worked out. So I didn't know if our last encounter was enough to actually make a baby. And even if so, Abby hasn't been feeling sick. And she hasn't informed me if she's missed her period. We haven't discussed it much at all now that I think about it. So hearing Sam say this, I'm sure, surprised us both.

"Ugh. Sam you're so stupid, you can't just ask for a sibling for Christmas." Bella rolls her eyes, only to earn a slap in the arm by Sam. She looks at him with a mad expression on her face as her hand clinched her arm. "What was that for you stupid turd!?" She screams. "Aye!" Abby and I yell. "This is why I want a new brother or sister, because you're always mean to me and never talk to me or play with me." Sam says, his eyes watering. My heart actually hurt to see him this way.

I think everyone's just as surprised as me, as easily recognized on their expressions. Sam is a very happy and cheeky kid, much like me when I was little. But who knew he felt like this? I had never seen Sam so sad. This was the first time he had expressed himself in front of all of us.

Bella's expression softens. "Sam.." She starts. "I don't want to talk to you." He says taking the last piece of bacon, jumps off the tall chair and walks out of the room. Bella sat there, as if dazed. She looked like a small mouse who almost got hit by the mouse trap, but it was lucky enough to be alive. She blinks then looks at us. "What just happened?" She asks.

I raise an eyebrow, should that even be a question? "I'd say your little brother just stood up for himself for the first time." Abby says. "Doesn't feel so good being talked down to, huh?" I ask. She bites her lip and shakes her head. She stayed quiet, didn't say a word until we left the house to go to the mall.

**

"Appa!!! Is that Santa!?" Sam points at a random old man that had a white beard. The man looks at Sam weird and wobbles faster into the closet store. I grab Sams hand that was still up now pointing at nothing. "Sam. That wasn't Santa, and you can't go around pointing at random people." I say. He giggles. "Okay appa."

Abby and Bella had gone to the more feminine stores and I have to take Sam to other stores, and he still really wants to see Santa. I hold his hand as we walk up to the long line to see Santa. I let out a breath, "Sam.. Are you sure you want to see Santa?" I ask. He looks like he's thinking a lot. "You can always send him a letter." I say. He looks up at me in surprise. "I can? And he'll get it??" He asks.

I nod. "Then I'll do that!" He jumps up and down. "Okay." I smile. And we head over to a store that had multiple of clearance racks. "What do you want- you know what? I shouldn't even ask you. Let's go look for a store that still has iron man stuff." I say and he smiles widely.

**
Abigail's POV

She was still worked up about Sam. It seemed that she was getting a taste of her own medicine. "Bella. You're quiet." I say looking through the rack of cute tops. Her eyebrows knit as she looks down at the shirt in front of her.

"I can't believe I make Sam feel that way." She finally says. I raise an eyebrow. I think it started when you started your-". "Okay mom. I get it. I've been really mean to him." She interrupts me and I try not to laugh. "It really sucks that it took him yelling at me, and almost crying... To make me realize that I've been a bad big sister." She frowns.