A piece of me

I was too late, the love of my life was gone. And here she layed in my arms.. Lifeless. I can't stop myself from crying. My heart is beyond repair. What will become of my family without my beloved wife? I then begin to think about our anniversary a couple of days ago.. Was that our good bye? Was it like God was telling me to cherish her at that moment? That day.. and it makes me glad that I did. She looked so peaceful as she layed there, unaware of what has become of me.

The pain that Stephen had caused her, no longer existing, an endless sleep eased into her being. Making her lighter than she actually was, she had fought for her life. And here I am alone without her spirit. I've become less of a man once again. A huge part of my heart has been torn out of me, and I can't imagine how life will be without it. I pull her cold body towards mine, as if trying to warm her up and bring her breathing and heart beat back.

"Abby..." Leaves my lips. "I'm sorry.. That I didn't get here in time.. That.." My voice cracks and low whimpers leave my quivering lips. I can't seem to finish my thoughts.

I sat there for an hour and cried on her body, until there's a knock at the door. I think the person can hear my loud sobbing because they walk in. Its a teenaged boy, his eyes widen to the site of two dead bodies near me. "Help.." I whisper and I look at him before blacking out.

**

"We'll need an IV.. And.. Stat." Echoes in my head. "Jungkook..." I smile as she leans over me. Her voice clearer than the light of day. "Abby.." I say as I reach for her face. Her skin pale white like a fluffy cloud, her cheeks rosy and her skin softer than silk. "Sir?.. Can you hear me?.. Sir?" Pierces into my ears, forcing the image of my sweet Abby away like a light fog. My eyes shoot open, the light from the room blinding me.

My eyes throb to the sudden pain of the light. "Abby...." I call as I shut my eyes tightly trying to find her image again. "Sir? Can you please sit up? Slowly, don't hurt yourself now.." I hear a woman's voice. I use my hands to lift myself up, my right hand clinging to my head, my fingers circling my temples. I groan in pain. "Abigail.." I say. My eyes finally adjust, I'm in the hospital. I look around in a panic, an IV was hooked up to my arm, wires connected to my chest.

"Sir.. Do you know why you're in the hospital?" She asks calmly. I finally look at her. "I need to see my wife." I tell her. She frowns. "Sir.. In the horrible incident, you were the only one who survived." She tells me. The monitor begins to beep quickly as my heart rate goes up. "No .. I .. I need to see my wife!" I find myself yelling at her. "Sir. Calm down." She tells me.

"I need to see my wife! I need to see my wife!" I yell as I try to get up and pull off all the wires that are connected to my body. She pushes me down onto the bad. "I need nurses in here!!!" She yells. "I need to see my wife!!!" Male nurses come in and hold me down as the female doctor heads over to the cabinets and gets out a needle and a small vial. I don't know why I'm acting this way, I'm like an animal and I can't control my own body.

"I need to see...!!" I'm cut short when she slips the needle into my vein.

**

"Jungkook." I turn. "Please Jungkook.. Don't be like this." I can't see anything. I look around until finally.. "Abby." I run up to her. I'm almost near her when there's some kind of shield that throws me into the air and onto my back. I'm completely confused. "Abby?" I call scared as my heart begins to pound in my chest. "Jungkook.. Please don't do this.." I hear her voice. I stand up. "What do you mean?" I ask as I look around frantically trying to find her.

My eyes set site of her in the distance. Her white dress casting light against this black floored and walled place that I'm in. I run to her. She just stares at me as I get knocked on my back again. "Jungkook.. Don't you understand?" She asks as she helps me up, her skin softer than ever. Just how I remembered it before it had gone cold and had no pulse and she had died in my arms. "We can't be together anymore.. I'm gone.." She tells me.