Chapter 20

I was sitting curled in a little ball in the middle of the floor the next time someone came in. I don't move. "Hows my precious wife doing? Sitting down here all by yourself must be very lonely. OH wait, I don't care. What I do care about though is if you're healthy. A healthy woman produces a healthy baby. It's been what, three months, so that's four and a half. Three more to go." Ethan says. "Stand up. I need to make sure my Darling wife is okay. Hm. Can't be a bad husband now can I?" He rolls his eyes and laughs. I glare at him. "Just shut up and leave me alone. That's all you've done since you put me down here. Why change now?" I growl at him. He squats down next to me and grabs my face. "If I tell you to stand up you will stand up. You are in no position to defy me." He let's go. "I was thinking of letting you stretch your legs and get some fresh air, I hear it's good for pregnancies, but I changed my mind. Maybe you should think before you try to insult me." He stand up and walk to the door. "You're talking back, ignoring, and defying me. You seem healthy enough. See you in a few months." Then he turns and walks out the door, locking behind him. I smile grimly and pull out the spare key I stole from his pocket. "Just you wait. Soon you'll see just how far I will defy you. I will break every rule you make just to show I can. Once I get out of here you are never seeing me again without you dying shortly after!" I yell in wolf, slightly afraid he would come back and hurt me.

It was another month of sitting on the floor with a meal or two a day, before I saw another person. By then I had all but given up any hope of getting out. Once I got out of the basement, but...ya. Still in there. I probably would have still been down there if Ethan hadn't made one small mistake. He brought Hermosa back to Rolf's pack and tried to tell them that I didn't want her anymore. Of course Rolf instantly knew something was up and attacked Ethan. No one quite knows if he is dead or still alive. After Ethan somehow got away with some major injuries, Rolf then found Rosalina, who thankfully was one of the few who could understand wolf, and brought her to help rescue me. By then I was six months pregnant, but technically it was only four months, I was as skinny as a twig, my hair was a rats nest, and I smelled like a landfill. When Rosalina opened the door I was sitting on the floor. When I looked up and saw her I so happy I passed out.

Sometime while I was asleep I had a very weird dream. It was just a few images and a feminine voice. "Andreina, you need to come home." Then an image of a old fashioned town with an almost Scottish style castle in the center. "I made a mistake sending you away." The image of a woman crying while a couple walk away with a baby. "I should have trusted myself, your father, and the woman I should've known you would grow into." An image of a woman that looked very similar to me with only slight differences. "Now my mistake is going to hurt innocent people, and you are the only one who can fix it. I tried to keep you out of this but I just made it worse.I'm sorry." A distant image of a large island with the castle from before in the background. "It's time for you to come home. Your people need you. Come before you're twenty-first birthday, and that alone will help many people. I will try to help you when I can. Hurry child, you don't have much time." Then everything went dark again.