Chapter 10

The next day, Ethan and I were sitting on a bench in the park, when he turned to me, "I have a question. I know I haven't known you for very long but, of what I do know about you, I like, and I wanted to ask, if you would like to go, on a date?" he asked awkwardly, I smile slightly amused by his awkwardness. "Maybe, where were you planning on taking me if I said yes?" I ask slyly "I was thinking maybe we could go to the fair together." He asks hopefully "The fair! I'd love to!" I say excitedly.

The next day while I was walking with him to the ferris wheel he asks me "I know you just got home to your family but, I was wondering if you wanted to come live in my house in Alaska, it's big so it won't be as awkward as if it was a smaller house, but you will be able to visit your wolf friends. It's just I'm a little homesick." I look at him in amazement 'he is actually inviting me to his house.' I thought "I need to think about it." I told him. I keep walking to the ferris wheel, he follows. When we get on I have a moment to actually think about it 'If I go with him then I will have to leave my family and I just found them, but Ethan has been really nice to me and I want to do something nice back, also I kind of like him and if this relationship works out then I would live with him anyway, but I just met him. Wow I'm already thinking about my future' I think for a little longer and by the time we reach the top of the ferris wheel I have made up my mind.

When we stop I look at him, he is looking down with wonder "I think I see your parents down there." He says, I climb over him and look down to the ground "Your right. Well a lot of people like the fair." He looks at me "How long do you think it will take to make your decision? Just wondering." He asks me. I look at him "I have made my decision. I will go with you, but can I stay until after my birthday. I feel like I owe it to my family. You know, me not being there for five years." "I understand. Umm. When is your birthday?" he asks me. "April 5th." I tell him "Ok so, April 6th?" he asks "No. That's too soon, April 19th ok, and I will have to tell my family." "Of course."

When I stepped off the wheel George ran over to me. "Mama said you would be at the fair so I begged her to come for two reasons. One, I wanted to go to the fair and two, I wanted to hang out with you." He said with a lot of energy. I felt a little bit guilty for deciding to leave him so soon. I crouch down next to him "Where is Mama." I ask him "I'm right here." A voice says behind me. I spin around and my mom is standing there next to Ethan. I look down at my shoes and take a deep breath to tell her of my plans. "Are your shoes interesting or something?" my mom asks "Or something. I am nineteen, almost twenty, so I decided after my birthday, I'm going to go and live with Ethan in Alaska... I promise I will visit. It's just, I am not the kind of person that can do a long distance relationship very well." I say with some trouble "Long distance relationship?" my dad asks walking up. I look at him "Ya. Ethan and I have started dating." I say sheepishly. "Ok. Seems a little soon." He says slowly. "I have become a very good judge of character." I say "So you're leaving. But you just got back. I don't want you to go!" George cries out. I look down to him "I'm not leaving just yet. But I will in a few months. It's only February and I'm leaving after my birthday." I tell him.

Just then a pair of hands grab my shoulders and whip me around. Sophia's face is just inches away from mine. "Did you just say you had a boyfriend?" she asked me "Yeah, sort of." I say slowly. She squeals and hugs me. "Your. Squeezing. Too. Tightly. Can't. Breathe." I say. When she lets go I take in a deep breath. "You are sooo lucky. I don't have a boyfriend yet." She says, the last part coming out a little bit whiny. "She's not lucky, she's planning on leaving us when she just got here." George whines "George, I'm not planning on leaving now. I told you I'm leaving in two months." I say getting a little irritated. I could feel myself getting warmer. "But you just got back and now you are planning on leaving us. It's not fair." He said stomping is foot, at that I lost it. "Do you know what's not fair? You saying I can't leave. If I wanted to make it not fair I would leave right now without saying a 'goodbye' or 'I will come and visit'. That would be unfair, so be thankful I'm not doing that. Be thankful that I'm staying until after my birthday." While I was yelling my hair started steaming then it burst into flames. A crowd started to gather around. When I had finished yelling at George a decent sized crowd had gathered and a man was shouting "Come one come all. See the girl with the flaming hair." I walk up right behind him "I am not the kind of person who wants to be showcased." I hiss. He jumped and ran into the crowd. People laughed at him. A man in the crowd shouts a little flirtatiously "Is there anything else to see other than your hair on fire." I glare at him "Why yes. Yes there is." I say slyly. Then my whole body catches on fire. Then suddenly my whole body gets cold and I black out.

I wake slowly to my parents talking. "She isn't safe here. I was hoping to be able to tell her before she left, but we need to get her out of here before people come to take her away and try to experiment on her." My mom says. "I agree. You know I am surprised she got knocked out with a little bit of fire extinguisher." My dad says. "I know. I just hope she doesn't hate us for keeping this away from her." My mom says with some concern in her voice "I don't think she will. She wasn't that kind of person when we lost her. I wouldn't be able to bear it if she didn't care about us after we tell her. I love her too much." My dad said with his voice full of emotion. I almost jumped up, the only thing stopping me was I was too tired. With that I drift back into unconsciousness.