Chapter 9

When I woke up the next morning I immediately ran down stairs out the front door and to the car that is still sitting there from yesterday. I knock on the window, inside the car Ethan sits up and looks around confused, I peer in and smile sheepishly. He gets out of the car "Did you forget about me?" he asks "Yeah sorry, I was excited and completely forgot, I am so sorry." "I forgive you" he said. "Do you want to come inside and meet my family?" I ask him "I thought you would never ask" he said sarcastically. We went inside right when my family got up. "Guys, I want you to meet Ethan, he helped me get back to you guys. Ethan this is my mom, my dad, my big sister, Sophia, and my little brother, George." I say pointing to each one as I name them off. "Nice to meet you. Since you are here would you like to join us for breakfast?" My mom asks. "I would love to." Ethan replies "Good we have pancakes." My dad says. My ears perk "Pancakes" I say. "Yes pancakes." he replies, I grin and walk over to the table. After breakfast we sat in the living room just talking and catching up. "What I don't understand is how did you get off the plane?" Sophia asks "I thought I already told you. Oh well, the plane was just feet away from the water so I ran and jumped out of the plane getting just enough momentum to get me away from the plane so when it crashed I wasn't blown to bits." I say "Ok, you also said you could catch on fire, can I see?" she asks "Wait, what? you can catch on fire too!" Ethan says flabbergasted, but with a slight calculating look in his eyes. "Yeah, but I will have to be careful." I say, I decide to do my hand so I know what it will touch and so everyone can see it, when it lit everyone stares at it, George tried to touch it. But I smacked his hand away, thankfully with the hand that wasn't on fire. "I don't get it. How can you catch on fire or turn into a fox? I just recently learned how to turn into a wolf at will, but none of us can turn into a fox and I have never heard of someone who could catch on fire." Sophia asked. "I'm not exactly sure. Wait did you say you could turn into a wolf at will? I thought it was only if someone you cared about was in trouble." I asked. "Originally yes, but scientists have discovered you can control when you transform. They also found out that most people were lying when they said they could understand wolves. It really is rarer than a red moon on Valentine's day. Another reason it is odd that both you and Sophia can understand wolf." My mom said. "I knew most people were lying when they said they could understand wolf, but Mom, I can't just understand wolves I can also speak it, along with fox, dog and cat. They aren't that different, though if you don't understand fox it's very hard to understand cat. And how I know this, I have no clue." I say.