Chapter 7

We reached Ethan's house early the next morning. "And you said we would 'at best" make it tonight." I said giving him a sly smirk. "Ok, fine I'll admit it, I was wrong. But you were wrong too. You said we would make it last night. And the only reason we made it this early was because you insisted we run half the time." He points out. "Fine 'I was wrong too' but I was more accurate." He rolled his eyes. Once we were inside I raided his refrigerator "I haven't had any normal people junk food in over 5 years." I say when he complained about me eating a whole box of Twinkies, 'I knew it was a bad idea.'

We left for Fairbanks at around noon, I wanted to walk there but he was able to talk me into taking his car. I will admit it was easy on his part. "Where do you want to go first?" he asks me when we reach the city. I think for a moment. "The library, I want to see if I can find out if my parents are alive. On the computer." While we drove through town I marveled at how much the world had changed in five years, people were dumping water into gas tanks then driving off, I saw a couple of robots every once in awhile. The one thing that got my attention was that humans had finally created flying cars. I could tell they were new though because I only saw two and the people that got out were dressed fancy compared to everyone else.

When we got to the library I noticed that instead of books they had pieces of glass that the book was projected on. 'curse you technology' I walked over to the computers, they didn't change much but you had to put this head piece on and you controlled it with your brain, plus there was no mouse or keyboard. When I finally figured out how to use it, I searched the internet for the plane crash of 2058. What I found said that only two people died, and they were, Alexis age: 3, and Andreina age: 14. I was a little bit surprised but most of all happy it meant my family was still alive.

I eventually found the town they were living in and walked back out to Ethan. "Do you think you could get me to Chadron, Nebraxico? It's where my family is, apparently. Is that a mix between New Mexico and Nebraska?" I ask him. "Sure I can get you there. And yes it is. But how are you going to find them from there?" he asks "I'll just ask around. I looked at a map of Chadron and it looked like a medium sized town, someone there should know my family." I say "True. Someone should know your family. How many people are in your family?" he asks. "I have an older sister, she is three years older than me so she would be 22, then I have a little brother, he was 11 years younger than me so he would be 8 years old. Then I have my mom and dad, I forgot how old they were." We didn't talk much more than that during the drive.