Chapter 33

Please Excuse Any Mistakes

I shortened the video clip and listened to Carter as he spoke to the camera. In the reflection on my laptop, I could see him animatedly talking, "The only reason I brought out this camera was because Lacey told me we were short on vlog footage," he said.

I stood up and went over to the small speaker on my dresser, turning it on and playing some music, deciding it would help lessen the extra silence in the room.

I turned back around to go back to my desk, noticing that Carter was sat in my previous spot, his phone camera facing me, a wide grin set on his face.

"God dammit, Carter, if you don't move, I'm going to sit on you," I said, walking over.

He spun around in the swivel chair to start going around in circles, "Does it look like that will bother me?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes and quickly sat down in his lap once he put his foot down to stop himself, knowing that I really needed to get the part of the video we had done, edited.

"We haven't been vlogging as much it seems... Probably because Lacey is always with her boyfriend," Carter said to the camera, drawling out his words.

I hit his shoulder behind me as he turned the chair towards the computer so I could work.

I ignored Carter as he kept talking away and tried to annoy me, but still allowed me to edit the video silently.

"Shit, I just realized we could get copyrighted because of the music," Carter mentioned.

I shrugged, "Let's just chance it, I'll just put the song names in the description. We'll just see what happens."

He sighed and put the camera in front of my face so both of us were in the frame.

"Okay, I'm going to be completely honest here. We've been friends since 2nd grade, we met when we were both 6, so we've been friends for a decade," he paused, the music the only thing filling his silence, "So how have we never kissed once?"

I paused in my actions abruptly, turning my head back to look at him, "What?" I asked him.

"I think you heard me Miss Lacey," he said, using the nickname that hasn't been said in a long while.

I scrunched up my eyebrows, "Well, we never have because we're just best friends Carter,"

He sighed, turning off the camera, "Sorry, it was just a question,"

"Alright Carter..." I mumbled, shaking my head.

I turned back around and took the phone from Carter and imported the footage. I edited the new footage and exported the video, putting it into YouTube and putting the pre-made thumbnail in.
I clicked upload and stood up, leaving my spot on Carter.

I leaned back into Carter and sighed, "Vlog is uploading, now, we move onto our other plans,"

I stood up and flatten downed my shirt, running my hand through my hair to fix it from being messed with so many times from me while I was editing.

"Let's go to the P.O box," I said. Even if I just started uploading the vlog, we can't deter from our original plans.

Carter stood up and grabbed his phone from my desk, slipping it back into his pocket, staying silent. He slipped on his jacket and turned towards me, waiting for me to make a move.

I grabbed my phone on our way out of my room and went down the stairs, hearing Carter behind me. Once we reached the door, we both put on our shoes and went out the door.