Chapter 18

Please Excuse Any Mistakes

"So, you're not gonna ask about Carter?" Jerry asked me as we walked down the hall to my locker.

I crossed my arms over my chest, "If he wants to be difficult, then I'll let him be difficult. For the first time ever, a guy has asked me out! Shouldn't he be happy for me? Instead of stomping off since I can't go to prom with him as a friend anymore?" I asked angrily.

Jerry sighed as we stopped at my locker.

Roughly, I put in the combination to my lock and opened my locker door. I shrugged off my bag and quickly transferred the contents. I slammed the door shut and clicked the lock back on. I turned back around and faced Jerry, who had his bag hanging off one shoulder and was looking at me incredulously, "This is the first time you and Carter have actually gotten into a fight that caused him to get this frustrated," he paused, "Okay, I'm not taking sides here, but you do realize he was just looking out for you, right?"

I groaned and slipped past him and started towards the school parking lot. Since Carter and I are dealing with that little fight, I'm riding with Jerry while Carter drives alone.

He doesn't get to hear my sarcastic comments and my awful jokes... That's what he gets for being unreasonable!

I stomped down the stairs and my hair fell into my face. Temporarily blinded by the hair stuck in my eyeballs, I bumped into someone.

But then I heard a loud scream.

I really don't want to deal with anyone...

"Bitch!" She yelled as I pulled the hair from my eyes. I looked over at her. There was a coffee cup in her hand and the top was over on the ground next to her, little drops were strewn around it. The cup was directed towards her white t-shirt, a large, brown stain connecting to it.

I winced at I saw the stain spreading through her shirt. Her head whipped up to me and she snarled.

I pushed the piece of hair behind my hair as I heard Jerry whistle from behind me, "Well, that stain isn't gonna come out."

She threw the cup down, "This shirt costs, like, 60 dollars!"

Another person I've pissed off, great...

I glanced down at the stained shirt. I furrowed my eyebrows, I think I have a shirt just like that...

And she's been caught in a lie. A lame lie, "Might want to check with your "Personal Designer"," I started, "I own a shirt just, exactly, like that... It only costs like five dollars."

She looked over at me incredulously. She blinked and stomped her foot, "This is so not fair." She whined as she turned and strutted off, whimpering about her coffee as she went.

I stifled a laugh as I looked back at Jerry. He was smiling, "Even if you just pissed off another person today, that was just plain hilarious" He broke out in laughter as he watched the girl complain as she reached her car.

We both continued towards Jerry's car. Deciding not to trouble Jerry anymore, I didn't hold onto the handle of the car when we reached it. He unlocked the car and we both slipped in.

Jerry started the car and pulled the car out of the parking lot. As we drove towards the exit, I caught a quick glimpse of Carter's familiar car turning around a corner. A corner that turned away from his house, a corner that went in the direction of a different school.

I stared after the car curiously before Jerry pulled out onto the street and towards my house.

Xx