Chapter 31

Please Excuse Any Mistakes
LACEY'S POINT OF VIEW

"Dammit, Dexter!"

Well that's not pleasant to wake up to.

I opened my eyes, sitting up quickly. I sighed as I got up, rushing out of my bedroom door and down the stairs.

Just as I reached the bottom, the fire alarm began to go off, making me cover my ears and wince.

"Bloody hell, get that the f*ck away from me Evan!" Dexter yelled out.

I groaned, reaching the archway.

I sucked in a breath as I looked in.

There was a fire on the stove, ingredients spilled on the counters, Dexter and Evan were now soaked in water, along with the the floors, because of what seemed to be their failed attempt to put out said fire.

Damn, all of our shenanigans have combined into one...

My eyes widened as I saw Evan, out of the corner of my eye, dash to the other side of the kitchen, holding metal tongs in one hand with a towel, that was on fire, in the clasps.

Then I heard a meow.

"F*ckin' hell" I muttered, looking behind me and seeing a small cat.

"EVAN, DEXTER WHAT DID YOU TWO DO?" I yelled, turning around.

Dexter's head snapped over to me as Evan threw the towel into the sink, spraying it with water until it went out.

The fire alarm was still blaring as I rushed into the kitchen to try and put out the fire on the stove.

Evan needs to be banned from the kitchen, all he does is light fires!

I grabbed the faucet and pulled the stretchy part out, turning around to spray the fire, only to see one sight.
Evan was holding flour, running to the stove, the bag open.

I quickly turned on the faucet and sprayed Evan, making him stop running to wipe his face.

Then, I turned, spraying down the fire until it was out. Dexter had taken down the fire alarm, making it shut up and Evan had put down the flour.

I clenched my jaw, returning the faucet end to its home and turning back to Evan and Dexter. I crossed my arms over my chest, hearing a purr and something brush against my leg.

I looked down and quickly scooped up the cat.

"Explain." I said simply.

Both began talking at the same time, blurting out words.

I raised an eyebrow.

Dexter put his hand over Evan's mouth, making him stop talking.

"O-- Evan did you just lick me?!" Dexter said, pulling his hand away from Evan's mouth.

"I'll make it short, " Evan started, brushing off his hands, "It was Dexter's fault!" He said, pointing at Dexter.

"No it wasn't! Evan wanted to make pancakes, and he forgot about them and lit them on fire because they burned, which made him freak out as I was sitting in the living room. I got pulled into this damn mess when he pulled me into the kitchen and tried pouring water onto the stove, but it spilled half way onto the flour. And then for some reason, he poured water on me, then I poured water on him for pay back."

He crossed his arms over his chest, eyes skipping down to the cat, "Oh and the cat, it's my sister's, I brought him over since she is visiting, his name is Murphy."