Chapter 19

Please Excuse Any Mistakes

"How about this one?" Gwen asked me as she held up another black dress.

I rolled my eyes and slumped down in the chair, not wanting to be in the store.

She groaned and I watched her grab a few dresses from their hangers and come towards me. She grabbed my arm and dragged me up and towards a dressing room.

She pushed open the door and shoved the pile of dresses into my arms. I stumbled backwards and she pushed me into the small room. She pulled the door shut, "Lock it please!"

I sighed and locked the door.

Xx

"Gwen? I think I found a good one..." I turned to the small mirror and a small smile painted my features as I took a quick glance as my reflection.

I quickly took a look at myself again. It was just the black I found beautiful, the lace wrapping around my arms and across my collar bone tightly, connecting to the sweetheart neckline. It came in snuggly at the middle of my waist and cascaded down until it hit the ground. Tightly stitched lace cascaded down on top of the black fabric that made up the bottom half of the dress. My dark hair even looked nice against it.

I unlocked the door and stepped out, facing an excited Gwen.

I crossed my arms behind my back and rocked back and forth on the heels of my feet, eager to hear her response.

She stared at me, arms my her sides, eyes switching about as she looked at me.

Nerves bubbled insides me as time went by without her response, until a smile broke out on her face and she started jumping up and down excitedly, "L-Lacey, t-that's perfect! Anthony is going to l-l-love it!" She squealed excitedly.

A smile took form on my face as I heard her response, just knowing someone likes the dress was amazing...

She sprang forward, encasing me in a hug before quickly jumping back, wincing, "W-wait, I-I don't want to ruin the d-dress b-b-by wrinkling it..." She said unsurely.

I stifled a laugh as I looked down at myself, "So this is the one?" I looked up to Gwen and she nodded.

A smile still plastered on my face, I walked back into the dressing room and changed out of the dress and back into my normal clothes. I gathered up all of the dresses, keeping the one I'm buying separate from the others, and unlocked the door and went out.

I put the other dresses away and walked with Gwen to the counter, "You k-know, th-this place i-isn't that popular... Y-yet. T-their prices aren't t-ter-terribly high. Y-you got lucky" she said.

We reached the counter, a man, possibly in his late 30s greeted us. He rung up the dress and told us the price. I paid for the dress as he began packing the dress.

The man placed the dress neatly into a box and handed it to me. We both turned and headed out of the small store.

Outside, the sun had set, "So... Is Jerry coming to get us again?" I asked. I looked over to Gwen. Her eyes went wide.

"I forgot t-to ask h-him to g-g-get us again," She said in sudden horror, "It's l-like ten-thirty! Y-your house alone is, l-like, an h-hour or two away wa-walking!"

Dammit Jerry... Why do you always sleep at eight!?

My shoulders slumped as I stared at the almost empty parking lot. I was vaguely familiar with the stores around us, one of Carter's favorite stores is in this lot and he forced me to go with him once or twice...