XVIII

"Stevie, calm down. I'll go talk to Will right now. No, no, it's OK. He's a good boy, I'm sure he's just fine. I'll call you in a few minutes." He told her hanging up and sighing before heading to the stairs toward William's room.

"Lindsey, what's going on?" Kristen asked as soon as his foot hit the first stair.

"That was Stevie..."

"I gathered that. I thought we were done with all of that after today?" she asked, obviously annoyed.

"That was Stevie and Grayson knows that I'm his father. He asked Stevie to confirm it, she did, he asked for some alone time and when Mick when to talk to him this evening he and his bike were gone. She thought maybe he might have contacted Will or something."

"Oh my God. So has Will heard from him?"

"I don't know Kristen, I'm going to ask Will now."

He continued his walk up the stairs and knocked on Will's door. After a moment, Will came to the door, opening it only a little.

"Hey Dad, what's up?"

"Will, hey we need to talk, let me in." Lindsey said, already suspicious.

"Um, sure, OK." Will said and slowly opened the door. Lindsey stepped in and looked around, trying to see if anything was out of place.

"What's up, Dad?" Will asked nervously.

"Will, have you heard from Grayson this evening?" Lindsey asked, still looking around.

"No, not since I was at his house. Why?" Will sputtered out quickly. Then Lindsey saw it, a bag out that he had never seen before. Grayson was here.

"Because his mother just called and she's absolutely hysterical, going out of her mind with worry because Grayson is missing. Are you sure you don't know anything? Stevie is going to call the police." Lindsey said and watched as Will shifted nervously. He was struggling to come up with a way to cover for his brother, but he liked Grayson's mom and he didn't want her upset and he didn't want her to call the police and for Grayson to be in trouble. He was so torn when Lindsey finally spoke again.

"OK, Will. I know that Grayson is in here. Grayson, you need to come out and we need to talk." Lindsey said sternly and after a moment, Grayson emerged from the closet. Before Lindsey could utter another word, Kristen entered the room and whispered in Lindsey's ear.

"I saw his bike outside. I called Stevie and she's on her way now." She said quietly and nodded.

"Boys, let's go into the living room and talk." Lindsey said and the boys slowly trudged after him. After they sat down, Lindsey took a deep breath and started.

"Grayson, I've talked to your mother. She told me that, well you know that I'm your biological father." Lindsey said uncomfortably.

"Yes she did. I just don't understand Lindsey. She always said that our dad couldn't take care of us and that we were lucky to have our dad, but that wasn't true. You have kids. You could have taken care of us and I don't understand why she wouldn't let you." Grayson says and I'm shocked. Where is he getting that Stevie wouldn't let me be around? Did she tell him that? Did he come up with it on his own? Lindsey is utterly shocked and William's face looks pissed.

"Gray, your mom is amazing. I'm sure she didn't do it to hurt you." Will tells him and I can tell that Grayson is struggling to hold back his tears. I struggle to find the words to comfort him and to my surprise Kristen joins us and puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Grayson, I can't even imagine how much you are hurting or how confused you are. I think we need to all talk this out together. And that includes your mom and dad. I know you and Will aren't little kids anymore. We can discuss this, can't we?"