Prologue

"Just answer me this, when you were still carrying on a relationship with her, was it just sex or did you still have feelings for her?" His thoughts immediately turned to the nights he held her in his arms, pressing his lips against her bare shoulder and whispering those very words in her ear.

"God Kristen, why are we doing this?"

"WERE YOU STILL TELLING HER THAT YOU LOVED HER LINDSEY? It's not that fucking hard."

"Kristen, I've known Stevie since I was 16 years old. I..."

"Don't give me that bullshit that you tell reporters. Did the words "I love you Stevie" come from your mouth?"

"Yes." He whispered.

"Oh my God, I... I can't believe this. You've been in love with her all of this time."

"No. No Kristen, that's not true. I love you Kristen. I love everything we have together and I wouldn't trade it for anything." Lindsey said, grabbing her hand as Kristen used the other to wipe the tears from her eyes.

"Figure everything out for Will. I need to be alone right now." She whispered and left Lindsey standing alone in his studio.

He called around as inconspicuously as possible and finally tracked down Mick and Stevie's home number and called over and over until someone finally answered.

"Hello?" he heard her raspy voice and she sounded breathless.

"Stevie? It's Lindsey. We have to talk, in person. Now."