II

"Yeah, I know your voice Lindsey and yeah, I'm back." she answered.

"Good, well that's good. How was the tour?" He asked.

"It was great, but let's cut the small talk Lindsey. What's going on that you have been harassing my family by calling constantly for the last week?" She said, cutting to the chase.

"I was wondering when you were coming back. I need to talk to you Stevie. Are you coming back to LA soon or should I come to Phoenix for a quick visit? I do miss you, you know." he said nervously.

"I have to be in the studio Monday, right? I was planning on coming back to LA on Sunday so unless it's an emergency, you might as well wait. Lindsey, don't say things like that to me. We both chose different lives a very long time ago. Yes we're always going to be in each other's lives as long as we're in Fleetwood Mac, but saying things to me like that when I haven't seen or heard from you in 5 months and you have a wife and two kids at home is just out of line. It's fucking ridiculous and I want you to stop. You can't keep trying to string me along. No, I didn't end up with some storybook family but I'm not just sitting around waiting for you to call; I've got more self-respect than that." She said angrily. He had been pulling this crap on and off for the last 30 years and frankly, she was tired of being strung along.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. We have a lot of work to do in the studio and I don't want us to start off on the wrong foot. I'll just see you on Sunday, ok? Around 9?" he said tentatively.

"Fine, Sunday. But no bullshit Lindsey." She said and hung up angrily.

She hated him. She loved him. She hated that she loved him. Did she love him? Sometimes she wasn't all that sure. She could say with all certainty that she didn't feel the same way she had once felt for him. Maybe loving Lindsey was more of a habit than an actual feeling. She knew she wasn't kidding anyone, even herself. It wasn't a habit. She wished it was. But right now, she didn't really miss him. Not the petulant child that he had been the last couple of years. The sex was still great, well the last time she had him it was, and she definitely missed that, but his whiny attitude he could keep. She was lost in her thoughts unpacking until a knock on her door brought her out of it.

"This has to stop with Lindsey, Stevie. You haven't even been home for an hour and you're already angry, slamming drawers shut." Her mother said gently.

"You act like I want this. Like I want to hear from him out of the blue and listen to the bullshit that he spews. If you haven't noticed, I'm not pursuing him. He's the one calling my house 20 fucking times a day. It would be easier for me if he would just leave me the fuck alone, but he won't OK Mom?" Stevie replied angrily, knowing she was taking her frustration out on her mother and she hated that.

"I didn't say that you did, but honey, it's been 4 years since the two of you decided to go your separate ways for good. He has a family now. You have two children to think of and even though you say everything is fine, I know that you want someone in your life to be a father to them and honey, I'm sorry to say this, but no matter how much you wish it could be, Lindsey is not that person. Whatever this is that you two do, it has to stop. I know it's him pursuing you Stevie, but you're going to have to put an end to it. You have never been able to make a relationship work long term because of all this and baby, you're still young. Find someone who can make you happy. I know it's hard, but you're going to have to remove Lindsey from your life." Barbara told her gently. She knew this was hard for Stevie and her heart broke for her, truly it did, but they couldn't change anything at this point. Lindsey didn't even want to and she wanted so much more for her daughter and even for her grandchildren.

"And how exactly am I supposed to do that Mother? I'm going into the studio with them and then on tour. Lindsey's going to be around. It's not like I can exactly forget him when I have to see his face every day." Stevie said, crying at this point. She didn't like to talk about all of this but it was coming out.

"Stevie, get real! He doesn't want to do something long term! Isn't that what he told you? Meanwhile, he's got bimbo Barbie in Brentwood and doing press while pretending that he's a wonderful, loving, doting father of two. The only thing he's worried about is when he's going to get you on your back again and from the sounds of you, it will be the minute you get back to LA. God Stevie, have some respect for yourself. If you're that desperate to get laid at least call someone that didn't fuck you over as much as he did." Christopher joined in. Maybe what he said was mean, but Stevie needed a fucking wake up call. Enough was enough.

"Christopher, how could you say such..." Barbara started but stopped as she was stunned when Stevie practically flew across the room and slapped Christopher across the face.

"Fuck you! Get out, Chris. Get out and you stay away from me. I'm not some kind of whore waiting for Lindsey so I can get fucked. Sex is not the only thing on my mind." She said and watched as Christopher held his hand to his burning cheek and his eyes flashed with fury.

"That's funny because I'm pretty sure in the rock world Stevie Nicks is pretty synonymous with whore. But what do I know? Don't come crying to me when he tells you to fuck off. Which I'm guessing will be just a few months from now. Keep pushing everyone away until he's done with you and you are alone again. God, you're fucking stupid Stevie." He said and walking away. He knew he hurt her with his words but he was so done with her when it came to Lindsey. Usually his sister was so smart and kind and understanding, but when it came to Lindsey she was an idiot and he was tired of it. She hid herself and her kids out in Phoenix most of the time because she wouldn't even tell anyone that she had kids. He really had no idea on the reasons for that. Even her bandmates didn't know she had the two kids. He wasn't even sure how she had been able to hide it. He knew she hurt and he would love to give Lindsey a taste of that with a good ass beating, but he couldn't because Stevie just kept going back. It must be humiliating to be replaced by a 20 something when you had been one of the most desirable women in the world. She should hate him and it made Christopher furious that she didn't.