XI

After days of begging Kristen finally agreed to let William train with Grayson. It was harder to say no after they had found out that Stevie had hired a former Olympic gold medalist to train Grayson. Stevie was gone and as far as Kristen knew, Stevie had been the one who didn't want Lindsey in her children's lives and in order to keep the peace Lindsey had grudgingly agreed. It was the furthest thing from the truth, but he had lied about it for so long that he didn't see the point in changing things now.

Lindsey had been taking William to train with Grayson every day for a month now and though they were a year and a half different in age they were becoming very close and Lindsey couldn't determine if that was a good or bad thing. He didn't spend any time with the two, he didn't feel comfortable going to Mick and Stevie's home. He wasn't even sure if they knew Will was training with Grayson. From what he understood from Will telling him about Grayson, Mick was in the studio right now and Grayson mainly was cared for by his nanny until his mother returned home. Lindsey, himself, was in the studio today and was interrupted from his playing by a knock on the door.

"Come in." he called and William let himself in.

"Hey Dad, Grayson just called and the pump has to be repaired on his pool and they told his dad it could be a couple of weeks before they have time to get to it. I told him maybe he could come train with us?"

"Well our pool isn't quite on the same level as Grayson's Will. Maybe we could take you two down to the club?" Lindsey suggested and Will quickly agreed, calling to tell Grayson they would be picking him up.

It took about two weeks before Grayson finally warmed up to Lindsey. They talked about swimming mainly, sometimes he mentioned his family. Mainly talking about the younger sisters annoying him or being ready for his mom to return. Lindsey found himself growing closer to Grayson, wondering what he was doing or how his day had been. Truth be told, he reminded Lindsey of his older brother. He even looked more like Greg than he did Lindsey. He had a much larger build that no one would ever think he had gotten from his mother. One day though, he picked up Grayson and William was meeting them at the club, having been out with his mother.

"I know who you are." Grayson told him quietly, without looking at Lindsey and Lindsey started to panic but tried to stay calm.

"Oh yeah, well who is that?"

"Lindsey Buckingham. You were in a band with my mom and dad. Also just Mom before. You were like her boyfriend or something. I recognized you from the pictures on the records." Grayson answered and Lindsey relaxed.

"Yeah that would be me. "

"They don't talk about you, you know. I've never heard them mention you."

"Well, we haven't talked since you all were pretty small. I think your sister was just a baby. Just a falling out. It happens." Lindsey said and was thankful that they had arrived and he didn't have to answer any more questions. The boys trained so well together and Lindsey could tell they had become fast friends, neither one of them too talkative to others, but they were constantly talking to each other. Lindsey listened in on their conversations sometimes and others he didn't but today while they were taking a break he listened to their conversation.

"So your dad is like British? How does that work? Are you British, too? You don't talk like it."

"Nah, my mom is from Phoenix. I was born in America. I'm adopted though, so it doesn't really matter where Dad is from."

"You're adopted? Wow, that's crazy. Do you ever wonder about your real parents?"

"Well, I was only adopted by my dad. My mom is really my mom. My dad adopted me and my sister before the twins were born."