XII

Lindsey didn't know what had come over William but he was quiet for the rest of the ride home and the rest of the evening. He thought he was just tired, but it continued for several days, Will just staying in his room until finally Kristen approached Lindsey about the situation.

"Have you talked to William?" she asked, concern written all over her face.

"No, he hasn't said much in the last few days. He's been training too hard, I think. Probably just exhausted." Lindsey replied. He honestly hadn't thought too much about it.

"I'd really feel better if you talked to him. Just to make sure that is really what's going on."

"Yeah, sure, I'll talk to him." Lindsey agreed before going back to picking at his guitar.

"Like now, Lindsey." Kristen insisted and Lindsey sighed, before getting up and heading to William's room.

He tapped at the door before opening it and found Will lying on the floor playing video games.

"Hey bud, what are you up to?" Lindsey asked.

Will shrugged before replying, "Playing my games."

"Is that all you've been doing? You haven't been swimming with Grayson lately."

"Yeah, thanks to you." Will replying without looking at Lindsey.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that after you got into that fight with Grayson's mom she won't let him practice with me anymore. Now can you leave me alone?"

"What makes you think I got into a fight with Grayson's mom?" Lindsey asked, panic written all over his face.

"Since I heard the whole thing!" Will exploded, finally pulling himself off the floor.

"Everything?" Lindsey repeated.

"Yes, everything! Now just leave me alone!"

"Will, I can't do that. We should talk about this." Lindsey insisted.

"What part of I don't want to talk to you can you not get? LEAVE ME ALONE!" Will shouted.

"HEY! You're not going to fucking talk to me like that, do you understand me?" Lindsey roared. Before Will had a chance to respond Kristen burst into the room.

"What is going on in here?" she immediately demanded to know.

"Dad's disgusting and he ruins EVERYTHING!" Will replied dramatically.

"HEY!" Lindsey interjected.

"Stop, both of you. What's going on?"

"Will is upset because Grayson isn't able to work out with him anymore."

"Because of you! If you hadn't started fighting with his mom..."

"I didn't start the fight with his mom. She started it with me!"

"That's not what I heard."

"Wait just one minute. A fight with his mom? You saw Stevie? When? And why didn't you mention it to me?"

"Because I didn't think it was a big deal. She came home from tour early and surprised Grayson while they were working out. She was angry that they didn't know that Grayson was with me. It got a little heated. Stevie told me to stay away."

"She said a lot more than that!" Will added.

"Lindsey?" Kristen questioned with wide eyes, silently asking him if the subject of Grayson's paternity had been broached. Lindsey nodded his head and Kristen visibly paled.

"Honey, I know you must have a lot of questions for your dad, but you have to know that your dad has always been a good father to you and your sisters. This was all just a mistake."

"Does Grayson know?" Lindsey asked for the first time, but it was what he had been wondering throughout it all.

"No, I don't think so, anyway. He told me a few days ago he was adopted and he didn't know who his real dad was. Actually you were there when he told me that! Small world."

"Will, are you going to tell him?" Lindsey questioned.

"No. I thought about it after he told me that they were moving and he didn't understand why they weren't going back to Phoenix but I didn't want to upset him. Grayson is my best friend, well I guess he's my brother. How could you do that Dad? Why would you just not want to be his dad? He's good. He's better than me. He should have a dad."" Will was obviously very upset by the whole situation.

"Grayson's mom didn't want your dad to be involved Will and Grayson does have a dad, Mick is his dad. He raised him and I'm sure he's been good to him." Kristen answered, but Will's eyes never left Lindsey.

"That's not what she said. She said you didn't want him. That you gave him up willingly." Will said and Kristen shot Lindsey a confused look.

"Will, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I don't know what else to do now, though. Grayson is better off not knowing at this point, he and his sister were raised by Mick, hell, his sister was just a baby when Mick married their mother. That's the dad they know."

"So, the girl he talks about, she's my sister, too?"

"Yes, she is."

"How old is she? What's her name? Grayson has a lot sisters."

"I think she's about 6, her name is Liliana. She's his only sister that has both the same parents as him."

"Does she look like us, too?"

"I don't think so. I only caught a glimpse of her before, but she looked just like Stevie. Blond hair, brown eyes, very petite."

"I want to meet her. If she's my sister, I want to meet her." Will replied.

"I don't know if that's a good idea, Will. Stevie told me to stay away and we don't want to interrupt their lives."

"I'm not going to tell them anything. I just want to meet her. Especially since they're moving, I may never see them again. That's my brother and sister, same as Leelee and Stella. I want to meet her, Dad." Will said insistently and Lindsey nodded his head, avoiding Kristen's face that held a look of horror.

"I'll call Stevie and see if I can get her to agree to it."

"Try Dad, make her see, OK?" Will pled. Lindsey gave a quick nod and walked out of the room, his mind reeling.

"