Chapter Forty One

Start from the beginning

I finally got my cast off today. I was so relieved because I felt immobile since I couldn't use my right arm. It still felt strange though.

"Yes and nobody is more relieved than I am. It still feels boneless though," I said and waved my arm around. I heard Riker chuckle softly.

"Alright, so where do you guys want to go?" Rocky asked and Ross spoke up.

"How about we go to Huntington Beach? The water is always nice and the waves are usually great."

Everyone agreed to his suggestion and soon we were all on our way to Huntington Beach. Ross and I were in his car along with Savannah and Riker. We talked and sang along to the radio on our way there. We ate at a diner near the beach before moving to choose a good spot. We set up all of our stuff.

"I'm going to go put on my shorts," Ross told me before he ran off to the bathrooms with Riker.

As I looked at Ross running off, I was suddenly reminded of the scar on my hip. I hadn't thought of this when I put on the bikini and now I'm thinking it would've been better to bring a one piece. I felt very self conscious.

"What's with the frown, Tor?" Rydel asked and I turned to the girls.

"Can I be honest with you?" I asked and they nodded. "When I was attacked, the guy cut me on my hip. It left an ugly scar and I didn't even think about it when I packed the bikini. And now I feel really self conscious," I confessed and Rydel nodded.

"I understand, but you really don't need to be. Everyone has scars. I have some stretch marks on my hips, and I don't think much of them."

"Yeah, and nobody will make a big deal out of it. These boys may be idiots, but they're not that dumb," Sav added and I laughed.

Following their lead, I took off my cover up and suddenly felt arms wrap around me.

"I just want to take you home," Ross purred into my ear and I laughed. "Don't laugh at me; you're causing a serious problem in my shorts right now."

"Keep it at bay, Ross!" Rydel yelled and I laughed while Ross pouted and mumbled on. Suddenly Rocky let out a gasp and pointed at my side. I felt my heart lodge in my throat as I waited for some type of comment about the cut.

"You have a tattoo," was all he said and I calmed down immediately.

"She has four, Rocky, control yourself," Ross rolled his eyes and I laughed.

"You do? Tell me everything! I wanna know!" Rocky said excitedly and sat down on my towel.

"There's not much to show they're all out in the open. Except for this one," I said and pointed to the sound wave next to my breast. 

"I have roman numerals on my neck and a small cancer ribbon on my ankle

"I have roman numerals on my neck and a small cancer ribbon on my ankle. I also have one of the inside of my wrist," I said and he grabbed my foot. After examining each tattoo, he felt satisfied and showed me his tattoo.