Chapter Thirty Six

Wednesday, 7 September 2016

Victoria's POV

My nerves were absolutely shot. Tomorrow was my show and we were about to do a practice run. In the past few days Ross and I flew to New York and everything was basically settled. Nadine still had to do some finishing touches on certain dresses, but other than that everything was sorted.

I looked around the fancy decorated room and sighed softly.

"Are you excited?" Ross asked as he appeared next to me and I turned to look at him.

"I'm nervous. What if this is a disaster?" I asked and he chuckled softly.

"Baby, why on earth would it be a disaster? Everything is going to be just fine – wonderful even. You're Victoria Kors nothing is a disaster when it comes to you," Ross said and pulled me into his arms.

"Yeah nothing except Victoria Kors herself," I said and Ross laughed at me. Just as Ross placed his lips on mine, a flash went off from someone's camera. He chuckled softly against my lips.

"Is this how it's going to be from now on?" he asked jokingly and I pulled away.

"Mhm. You better get used to it, babe," I said and he smiled softly.

In the last couple of days Ross and I also confirmed our relationship. We decided to keep it simple and announced it through Instagram.

"Hey," Jason said as he appeared next to me and we both sent him a smile. Jason was with us in New York obviously since he helped work on the line and he was now an official shareholder.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" I asked and he laughed nervously.

"I'm good. Good. How about you?" Jason asked and I shrugged.

"Nervous," I told him honestly and he let out a relieved breath.

"I am so glad you said that. I feel like I'm going to pee in my pants, so nervous am I. And it's not even the actual show yet."

Ross and I laughed softly as we listened to his continuous rambling. He continued rambling, then apologised about his rambling, then went back to rambling. I could understand why he was this nervous, since only our two names were associated with the designs.

A few minutes later we started with the practice run. After making a few alterations on certain dresses myself, they walked on the runway with music and my logo in the background. Everything went off without a hitch.

"Oh my gosh," I said excitedly after it and Jason and I shared a hug. "Thank you so much," I told him as we pulled away.

"I should be thanking you. I'm really grateful for this opportunity," he said and gave me another hug. I thanked Nadine and the models too before meeting Ross in the seating area again.

"I told you it was going to be a success," Ross said and I gave him a huge hug.

"Thank you so much for everything," I said into his shoulder and he squeezed me tighter.

"You don't need to thank me, babe. I can already feel my net worth rising," he joked and I giggled. "Well now that we're done for the day, and considering there's a lot of it left, let's go. Show me around a little more," he said and I nodded.

"Sounds like a plan, but we need to pick up your tux first," I said and he nodded.

***

"Come on, babe," Ross cooed as I hung up his tux in my walk-in closet. "Show me your dress," he begged and I shook my head. I walked back into the room and saw him setting on the edge of my bed.