Chapter Fourteen

Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Ross's POV

"Why should I help you if I'm not allowed to go on this date?" Rocky complained as he dragged around the cushions. I looked at him incredulously and Riker snorted.

"Nobody wants you to go on a date with them," he replied and Rocky glared at him. "I have to admit, this is a really good plan," Riker said as he looked around the background.

We just finished setting everything up for the date in our backyard.

"Thanks, guys. You really think she'll like it?"

"She'll love this. Any girl would go crazy if a guy went through this much trouble for them. If she doesn't love this, she'll have to be crazy," Riker said and I chuckled.

"Are you going to ask her to be your girlfriend?" Rocky asked after he had fixed the blankets.

"I don't know . . . I mean we haven't known each other for a long time," I said and Ryland shrugged.

"Yeah, but you like her, right? Besides life is too short to worry about stuff like that," he said and I nodded slowly before letting out a breath.

***

Victoria's POV

I have never been more relieved to be done with work for the day. The day felt like it had dragged on forever since I was so excited to see what Ross had planned.

I made my way out of the office and to Samantha's desk. "Hey, Sam, do I have anything to do tomorrow . . . a meeting or something?" I asked. She looked at me with pity in her eyes because she knew what tomorrow was.

"No, I made sure that your schedule is clear and you have the day off," she smiled slightly.

"Sam, are you sure you're okay?" I asked concerned.

I felt very bothered by how Sam has been acting. I was worried about my friend. She was walking around like a zombie and – despite her trying to pretend like nothing was wrong – I could tell that she wasn't okay.

I just didn't know what to do though.

In hindsight, I probably should have tried harder to help.

"I'm fine. Go and enjoy your date," she said with a fake smile.

"Are you sure? I can cancel this date and we can talk. You know I'd do it in a heartbeat," I said and she shook her head.

"No, Tori. Please go and enjoy your date. Go!" she said and gave me a grin.

"Are you sure-"

"Go, woman!" she laughed and I sighed hesitantly. I pulled her into a hug. "I love you, Tori," she said softly into my shoulder. Her grip on me tightened and my heart plummeted.

"Please don't do anything. I can't lose you," I told her and she chuckled before pulling away.

"You'll never lose me."

"I love you too," I said and hesitated to leave. After another minute of pushing and persuading me, she finally got me into the elevators. "I'll see you on Friday," I said as I pressed the button for the parking garage.

"See you later," Samantha grinned and blew me a kiss.

I sighed as the elevator opened to the parking garage. I was halfway to my car when I felt a body collide with mine, sending all of my designs I had in my hand flying to the floor.

"I'm so sorry, Victoria," I heard someone say and discovered that it was Jason.

"It's fine," I quickly dismissed with a smile. We both kneeled down to the ground and picked up the papers. "And call me Tori," I added and he smiled before looking at the designs in his hand.