Chapter Two

Victoria's POV

I was currently in a board meeting with all the important people here at Michael Kors. We have been busy for the past hour and we were going through all the sales, new designs, stuff like that.

"Now I want to discuss something of importance with you all," John, the co-CEO, said. "As we all know the manager at the London offices tragically passed away in a car accident. I know this is tough because he was close to all of us, but business needs to continue. Now the problem is that there isn't anybody there that we think could run the office in London on their own. Is there anybody somebody could recommend or who is willing to volunteer to fill the position until we find a suitable candidate?" he asked.

My ears perked up at the opportunity. This would be perfect. I'm not big on changes - I may even fear them a little - but it would be a good change of pace and environment. This would be good for me. I could get out of here for a while and maybe even start somewhere new. New York was overrated anyway.

"If I go what will happen to my position as co-CEO?" I asked John and my father spoke up.

"Well your position will remain the same. You'll just have to fly to New York once a month for the board meetings and if it's an urgent meeting we could Skype you," he said and John nodded in agreement.

"And this is one hundred percent temporary?" I asked and John nodded.

"Yes it is, but the contract will be the same as with all our other workers. There is no time period that ties you to the contract or the position. If you wish to resign you can do so at any time," he said and I nibbled on my lip.

"And the position is the same as any other manager positions?" I asked and John nodded.

"Yes, but since you will represent the London branch, and considering that London is a capital of the world, you will have to attend more social event and negotiate deals and all that. It will basically be the same as you do here, but just with a little extra work and responsibility," he informed me fully and I took a deep breath, going over my options in my head.

"You don't have to give your answer now though," my dad said with a look of cautiousness and I furrowed my eyebrows.

I've always felt like my dad had something against me. Correction: he has a lot of things against me. Rose and the divorce being the main ones of course.

When I was six my parents decided to file for a divorce. Well, I asked my parents to get a divorce. At six. My dad tried to get me to try to change my mom's mind, but I refused. He held a huge grudge against me and my mom for it. He fought the courts, long and hard. They eventually agreed to the divorce, but gave my dad custody of my brothers and my mom got me.

My youngest brother was two at the time, which confuses me about how he got complete custody over the boys. He probably paid someone to do it. My father later threatened my mom. He said that he'd kill all of her children in front of her if she didn't leave New York. He tried his best to separate mother and sons and got it right. He bought her in a house in her hometown - Bloemfontein, South Africa - and with the fear for her children she agreed to live there with me.

The boys never allowed my dad to get in between their relationship with our mom though. They would visit frequently and they both had amazing relationships with her.