Chapter Twenty Nine

Saturday, 20 August 2016

Kyle's POV

I think there are a few moments in life that changes your perspective on it completely. It makes you realise how truly lucky you are to have the life that you have and it makes you completely petrified to lose the people in it.

I'm not sure how it happened. All I remember was the silent hymn in my head.

Please don't go. Save her.

It was silent the one moment – Jas and I were talking about how to get hold of Ross the musician– and the next there was a constant one tone beep filling the air and doctors were rushing in.

Tori had flat lined.

They started doing compressions and then went on to the defibrillator, but her heart just wouldn't start. They'd been struggling a few minutes already and still hadn't noticed Jasper and I in the back of the room.

I wanted to get him out of the room so he wouldn't have to see this, but my feet were nailed to the ground. I needed to know what would happen.

A male, unknown doctor was ready to call quits, but Doctor Bailey kept arguing and doing compressions.

"Some of her organs would have failed by this time," he had said. "If you keep at this she will only suffer further."

Bailey let out an irritated groan and glared at the doctor. She huffed and suddenly hit Tori right over her heart with the side of her closed fist. It did the trick.

Her heart started back up again.

That was already a few hours ago. They did tests and miraculously Tori didn't suffer any organ damage. We'd still have to wait and see though. She was hooked up to various monitors.

I was still shaken up from the incident. The soft and steady beat of the heart monitor was now extremely comforting in my ears. It made us both calm.

"Are you okay?" I asked Jasper and he shook his head. He'd been quiet the whole time.  

"She almost died. I almost lost another sister and I just-"

He cut himself off as he choked on a sob. Tears appeared in his eyes and I put my arm around his shoulders in comfort.

"I know this is scary, but Tori is going to be okay. Nothing is going to take her away," I said and he nodded before taking a deep breath to calm himself.

There was a knock on the door and Liam entered.

"Room for one more?" he asked jokingly with a teary smile and I nodded before we enveloped each other in our arms.

Ross's POV

"That was awesome!" Ratliff exclaimed in awe as we walked off the stage and back to the green room.

He was right; it was awesome. Japan had a great vibe and they were belting out all of our songs with us. It's the first time in a while that I felt so on top of the world after a show. I could still feel the adrenalin running through my veins as we walked into the dressing room where my parents, Ryland and Savannah sat.

"That was amazing, guys!" my mom yelled and we all thanked her. They were watching the show backstage. After we talked for a while I finally asked my mom the itching question that had been bothering me for days.

"Did Tori call?" I asked and she shook her head with a small frown.

I hadn't heard from Tori in two days. I was getting really worried. It was unlike her not to call me back even if she was mad at me. She knew how easily I get worried so she wouldn't ignore me for no reason. She wasn't reading my messages and she wasn't replying to the girls' messages either.