Chapter Thirty

A/N: To all my old readers: there has been a very big change in the relationship between Damon and Tori. You can read it at the end of this chapter.

Trigger warning: Mentions of rape at the end of the chapter.

Monday, 22 August 2016

Ross's POV

"Hey, sis. Are you going to keep your eyes awake for more than two minutes this time?" Kyle gently teased Tori as she opened her eyes for the first time that morning. 

Tori was awake yesterday, but because of all the pain she was in they gave her a lot of medicine which caused her to sleep basically the whole day. She barely spoke two words yesterday.

She was doing much better though, which we were all extremely grateful for. I know Tori and I haven't been together for a long time, but I honestly don't know what I would've done if something had happened to her.

"I like sleep, what do you want from me?" Tori immediately shot back with a dry voice. Jasper and I chuckled softly.

"Can I get you some water?" Kyle asked and she nodded slightly. He quickly poured some in a glass before handing it to her. She took it and greedily chugged down the whole glass in a few seconds.

"Will you please help me sit up?" Tori asked and Kyle nodded. When Tori was in an upright position she furrowed her eyebrows slightly. "Where's dad?" she asked hoarsely. It kind of looked like she didn't need an answer though – it looked like she already knew.

"He's in New York . . . I'm sorry, Tor. I can call him if you want," Kyle suggested, but Tori was quick to shake her head.

"Leave him."

"How are you feeling? Are you in pain?" Jasper asked softly and Tori shook her head.

The glow that had always been in her eyes was gone. The beautiful green eyes looked lifeless.

"I'm okay," she chuckled dryly and crossed her legs.

"Tori, what the hell happened in your house?" Kyle asked, breaking the silence. Tori shuffled around uncomfortably and looked at her legs that were covered by the hospital bed.

"Can we not talk about this right now, please?" she asked in a small voice and wrapped her arms around herself. Kyle scoffed lightly.

"How can we not talk about this? Tori you were assaulted! Again! It was that son of a bitch Damon wasn't it?"

Tears filled Tori's eyes.

What does he mean by 'attacked again' and who's Damon?

"Are you going to let this go again? Are you really going to let him get away with this twice?" Kyle basically spat at Tori and a whimper escaped her mouth. She bent her back slightly so she was closer to her knees. She was trying to make herself smaller. She was afraid – it was like she was preparing herself for getting hit, I realised with spine-rattling shock.

"You have to-"

"Kyle!" I finally barked and he looked at me in surprise. It made me completely furious how he wasn't able to see what he was doing to Tori. "What the hell are you thinking? Look at her! You're making her afraid!" I spat out and he turned his face back to Tori. 

Regret instantly coloured his face and he moved to sit on the edge of her bed. He tried to take her left hand which wasn't in a cast, but she kept it firmly clamped to her upper arm. She didn't look at him, keeping her gaze firmly on her knees.

"Hey . . . Tori, I'm so sorry. Ross is right, now isn't the time for this. I'm just so grateful that you're okay," Kyle said and she nodded wordlessly, still not reacting to him.