part 14

I awake to a huge duvet suffocating me. My eyes flicker open as I peer out from underneath it and I take a look at my surroundings. I'm back in the hotel, safe and sound, no need to panic.

I look around the room to find it empty. No one else is in here but me. I roll over, grab my phone and check the time 11:58am. I must have been sleeping for a while.

I sit up and scroll through my phone for a while. I check twitter, snapchat, Instagram, and I delete any trace of what happened last night. I want to remove those memories from my mind forever.

Although I can remove my own pictures, I can't remove other people's. As I'm scrolling through Instagram, I see a photo reece posted last night at 12:03am.

"@NewHopeReece: lot of love for this girl! Bestfriend always❤️"

I stare at the photo in dismay. I have a huge smile on my face, and so does Reece. We look so happy. And then, in the corner of the photo, I see blake stood with the blonde girl from last night. He's smiling at her in a way he never smiled at me. He looks so happy.

A shooting pain stabs through my chest at the sight of it. I feel stupid for ever thinking that he loved me.

Breaking my chain of thought, Reece and George stumble through the door, with George carrying a tray of breakfast and Reece carrying a huge cup of hot chocolate.

"Sleeping beauty has awoken," Reece says, laughing.
"How are you feeling today?"

I smile weakly at them.
"Apart from being slightly hungover?" I giggle.
"I guess I'm feeling better."

They sit down at the end of my bed and watch as I start to eat the pain au chocolat that they brought me.

"So, about last night..." George begins, but I cut him off.

"George, it's okay. I'm honestly fine. I know we were both drunk, and we didn't really know what we were doing, so I'm ok." I pause for a while, until I look up to meet his eyes, glancing over at Reece occasionally.

"I just want to forget about it now, I don't want any more mentions of it. I shouldn't have used you to get back at Blake, and you shouldn't have tried to take advantage of me, so I guess we're even now right? You're always gonna be one of my best friends, so let's just put this behind us," I say. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest, saying that. We can remove it, put it past us, and continue on like the good friends we always have been.

We begin to have little brief chats about anything and everything, when the door bursts open, causing us all to jump. Standing at the door is Blake. He is still wearing the same clothes from last night, now slightly creased, and two tiny purple bags have appeared underneath his eyes.

"Umm... hey Libby. Could I talk to you alone p..please?" Blake says.
He twiddles his thumbs and talks to me in an innocent tone. I know what he's trying to do; he's trying to mess with my head. I'm not stupid. Two can play this game.

"Sure," I say.
"Boys, could you leave us alone for a sec?"

George and Reece glance at eachother slowly before getting up and leaving the room, shutting the door behind them. Blake stands looking at the floor for a while, before deciding to come and join me on the bed. He sits at the foot of the bed, looking on edge and nervous.

"Hi," he says nervously.

"Umm hey," I say.

He looks down before finally bringing his eyes onto mine again.

"Look..." he says.
"I just want to say how sorry I am."

I feel the tears begin to form in my eyes. I begin to rant  holding nothing back.

"Sorry? Is that it? Blake, you were clearing just going to use me and then throw me away, like I was nothing. Last night you made me feel so worthless, and all you can say is sorry? Your pathetic."

my lip begins to tremble but I am determined not to let the tears spill. The rage builds up inside of me.

"Libby, you didn't let me finish," he says.
"I know what I said last night was wrong. I know that it hurt you, and I know that sorry will never be enough. So I did something else instead, to show you how sorry I am."

this catches my attention. I look up at him.

"Obviously tour life is getting the better of me," he carries on.
"So I did something for you. I've sorted it with all the boys, and we've all decided that it would be best to postpone tour for a few days. We're all gonna go to brads house in Birmingham and stay there for a few days, so we can all sort everything out."

I am completely shocked. The fact that he went to all the effort to postpone tour for me shows me that he really does care. The anger inside of me starts to replace itself with happiness.

"Obviously I can't expect you to forgive me like that," he goes on.
"But you have to believe me that i didn't mean a word I said. I don't know what I was thinking. I don't know what I would do if I lost you."

That does it for me. I hug him instantly and feel at home again in his warm arms.

"Thankyou, blake. It might take a while, but we will be okay."

I feel him smile over my shoulder.

"That's all I needed to hear," he whispers, still smiling.

We may not be perfect, but we're fine just as we are. I didn't think there would be any coming back from last night, but I said it myself; we will be okay. We will be okay.