part 2

The sky has been covered in a blanket of dark blue and stars. The  night is young, it is only 11pm, yet I am leaving my best friends party with a boy I've only know for around an hour. What  am I thinking?!

Blake holds my hand with a firm grip as he leads me through the swarm of people dancing in the kitchen. We finally manage to get out of the house, and we walk out onto the paved lawn at the front of the house.

"Let's go somewhere more private, ok?" he whispers in my ear, sending shivers all over my body.
He startles me, and it obviously shows on my face, as he starts to laugh.

"Don't worry," he says, still laughing. "I just want to talk, nothing else."

I can't bring myself to say anything, as he still makes my heart beat at a million miles an hour, and leaves the words stuck in my throat.Instead, I smile, and let him lead me down the street.

We end up at a little park at the end of the street, empty and lit up by street lights. We sit down on the swings, still holding hands, and sit and let the silence consume us for a while. My head fills up with thoughts, like I don't even know his last name!

And so, being the awkward person I am, I decide to break the silence, as I blurt out;

"quick question, what's your last name?"

He stares at me for a moment, then laughs. His laugh makes the butterflies in my tummy burst out of their cage. He affects me in ways I could never describe.

"Richardson. Yours?"

Richardson. Blake Richardson. The name suits him perfectly. The type of name you would give to a hot, succesful teen sensation. Wait, did I just call him hot?

"Maddison."

"Libby Maddison. I like that."

He makes me blush. Practically every time he speaks. Why am I like this?

"Blake Richardson. I like that too."

he smiles and chuckles.
"So, how do you and Reece know eachother?"

"Our parents are friends, and so me and Reece basically grew up together." I say, kicking the dirt under my feet.
"He's like my big brother and my best friend all rolled into one. But now he's touring with you guys, I don't see him often."

It makes me sad talking about Reece. I'm so proud of him, and the fact that he's living his dreams, but I do miss him being around a lot. People argue that there's FaceTime, or Skype, but sometimes you just physically need someone's presence to feel ok.

"Reece always says how much he misses you," blake says, looking slightly sad, which confuses me, so I decide to change the topic.

"So ... when do you guys leave again?"

"Monday, so two days. It's nice being on tour, but I always look forward to coming home and seeing everyone again."

we both sit in silence for a while, until blake decides to edge closer to me. he leans in closer to whisper into my ear.

"I've loved getting to know you tonight. Your are a very interesting person, Libby Maddison," he says, putting emphasis on my last name.
"And, just for the record, you are one of the most gorgeous girls I have ever seen, and I'm not just saying that," he says, looking at his feet. His face is flushed and he is smiling weakly, as if he was nervous. Surely I wasn't capable of making a boy nervous?

He looks straight into my eyes, and I feel as if I melt into his chocolate brown ones. They make me feel weak, and I have to hold onto the edge of the swing to keep my balance. He looks at my lips and slightly parts his, and my heart explodes. Damn, he is hot. What am I thinking????

Slowly, he edges his face closer to mine, so we are just centimetres apart, and he whispers "you smell like apples."

I laugh softly, and return the whisper, saying " yeah, and you smell like beer."

He chuckles, wrapping his hands around my waist. His touch on my skin sends shivers down my spine, and electric shocks through my body.

"Smooth, Libby Maddison. Smooth." He laughs.

We sit there, with our faces still just centimetres apart, when he leans in even closer. His lips are parted and I ready myself for what I think is an incoming kiss.

"Libby! Blake! We found you! .... oh. Oops."

Reece and Elley burst into hysterics at the sight of me and blake, nearly kissing. I don't know what it was, but the thought of kissing blake sent my heart into overload, and made me melt into his arms. But we didn't kiss. We got interrupted, by the two most annoying people in the world who I call my best friends.

Me and blake start to laugh along too, while blake whispers "another time" into my ear. I smile at him, more than I think I've ever smiled in my life. This boy has a serious effect on me, and no matter how many times I try to stop it, it keeps coming back.

"You should have seen your faces when you saw us!" Reece laughs, nearly crying because of all the laughing he was doing.

We all get up and walk back to the party, which has died down a little and there is now a handful of people left in the kitchen.

"Thankyou so much for tonight reecey" I say, calling Reece by his nickname that I've called him since we were in year 2. "I've loved it. Me and Elley will be round tomorrow, yeah? I wanna spend as much time as possible with you before you leave again."

"Sure. Also, Libby, there's something I want to ask you in the morning. Something really exciting. And I know your gonna love it. So, go home, get some sleep, and I'll see you tomorrow?"
What could it be? I think to myself.
"Sure. I'll see you tomorrow reecey."

As we get in the taxi, Elley says to me "what happened with blake?"

I shoot her a blank face.
"You saw what happened with blake. We talked. We nearly kissed. We didn't."

"But you almost did?"

"Yes, we almost did. What is this? 21 questions?"

She looks at me, smiling.
"He likes you. It's so obvious to everyone except you. Don't mess this up, Libby."

And before I can say anything, she's on the phone to her boyfriend, Parker, leaving me to think about what she just said, all on my own.