Part 8

Start writing your story

Blakes p.o.v

what just happened? I think to myself. One minute, I was having the time of my life with Libby, the next shes running out of the room.
"Maybe she needs her space," Brad says jokingly, trying to lighten the situation, as usual.
"Now's not the time for jokes, Brad," I say, genuinely feeling worried.
I look around the room in panic. I'm not good in situations like this, but it's Libby, so I'm gonna try my hardest.
"Did anyone see where she went?" I shout over the music.
george steps forward and shouts "she ran after Reece. He ran out and she followed him. He looked pretty upset."
My heart starts to slow slightly. At least I know that she's not upset, and that she's just looking out for Reece. He is her best friend after all. But what if they care about eachother as more than just friends?
I push that thought to the back of my mind, but it keeps coming back again and again, and it just won't leave. I put it down to me being a worrier, and go ask brad for advice instead, as he is good when it comes to girls.
"What do I do, go after her or leave her to have some space?"
"Leave her," Brad says, taking another sip of his vodka and lemonade. "If she's going after Reece, like George said, it will be best to let her handle it."
I follow brads advice, and stay here, but I can't help myself from looking at the door every few seconds waiting for them to come back.
----------------------------------------
Libby's p.o.v

I run out of the room, bursting through the doors and out of the hotel. I breathe in the cold air and suddenly feel more at ease with myself. After taking a few more breaths, I focus myself on the real task: where is Reece?
I look to my left and see Reece's slim figure turning into a street at the end of the road. Without wasting time, I run down the street as fast as I can and turn the corner. I see Reece making his way down to a grassy verge, with his back towards me, and I run up to him.
"Reece!"
he jumps a little at the sound of my voice. He turns around slowly to face me, and sighs heavily.
"What are you doing here, Libby?"
I pause. Why is he being like that?
"I... i came to help. I saw you run out crying...Reece, I'm your bestfriend! I care about you more than you will ever know."
He laughs to himself, which confuses me even more.
"It's nothing you can help with, Libby. Go back to blake."
the way he said blake sent shivers down my voice. The tone in his voice was vicious, almost as if he was...jealous?
I go and stand next to him, and I grab his hand. My touch on his skin seems to make him jump slightly.
"Reece, your my bestfriend. I would do anything for you. You can tell me anything."
There was something strange about the way he looked at me. It was as if he couldn't look me in the eye, like he was hiding something from me.
"Look, Libby. I... I just can't stand to see you and blake together."
In the middle of speaking, his voice broke, as if he was trying to hold back the tears. I honestly thought I could feel my heart starting to break.
"Why, Reece?"
"Because," he says, coughing a little. "After what happened with me and saffron, I just can't be around that."
My heart honestly breaks for him. Basically, saffron was Reece's last girlfriend. They were together for around a year, before he discovered she was cheating on him. It literally broke him. It also changed him. He was this perfect, golden boy with the perfect life, perfect grades, perfect everything. And then it went downhill. He took up drinking, went through a rebellious stage and just wasn't in a good place. No matter how much anyone tried to help, he just wouldn't get better. And it hurt, seeing him like that. Since the whole band started, he's got so much better. You can see the same old light in his eyes that you used to see. But now, I would hate to see him turn back to the dark times, especially because of me.
"Reece...you should have told me. You know how much I love you. I would never ever want to make you feel like that! Why didn't you tell me?"
His grip tightens on my hand.
"It seemed selfish. I'm sorry... I'm not good with saying how I feel, you know that."
"I love you so much Reece. Don't ever feel like you can't tell me anything ever again, ok?"
he smiles. "Okay," he says.
"Now come on," I say, tugging at his hand. "Let's go back in."

------

Reeces POV
I wish I could tell her how I really feel. I wish she would just understand. Can she not tell that I'm lying? I'm obviously not upset about saffron. I mean, I never even loved saffron! it was all just an attempt to get her to notice me. I mean yeah, she notices me, but not like I notice her.
If your confused, let me explain.
Me and Libby have been best friends since I can remember. We used to be together 24/7 and we made a pact to never leave each others sides and that we would always be best friends, but I've always known Libby was more than just a friend to me. we used to play weddings, and mums and dads, and talk about how we were gonna have kids together and be the best parents, and how we were gonna go on a honeymoon. It all seemed so real to me. Then suddenly, we grew up. The idea of being in love with Libby has always stuck in my head, I knew she was the one for me. But it seemed like I was still just seen as a friend to her. It crushed me, and so to try and make her jealous I got a girlfriend; saffron.
I never truly loved saffron, it was all to try and make Libby jealous. I mean sure, there were times where I thought maybe she could be the one, but in my head Libby would always reappear in my thoughts. I knew she would always be the one for me, but I would never be the one for her. And it kills me. And she keeps saying she loves me, but she doesn't love me in the same way I love her. Why can't she just love me back? I can feel myself getting bad again. I don't want to go back down that road again. If only she could just see that I was upset about her...

----
writers note
hey everyone, hope you are enjoying this fanfic! if you are please leave a like and comment, I'd be really grateful.
Also, if you want to check out my social medias, you can.
Instagram - @georgiaa_louise
twitter - @georgiaahill_

love you all, thankyou for reading!