Twenty One.

Justin

I marched back to the marquee that my family and friends were seated and I tried to shut out Nandi's voice as she called after me. It was easy to do, considering the loud music that came from the stage.

I was hurt. I felt like I didn't know Nandi anymore-- not that I ever did, actually-- and I didn't know what to believe. Of all the things that came out of her mind, I wondered, was any of it true or real?

My mom was in high spirits when I got back to our table. She and my grandma were all smiles, actually.

"You're lucky you weren't here to see your mom and grandma spazz over the Queen." Khalil said.

"What?" I took my seat.

"She came down here," Ryan explained.

"The Queen came down here?"

"Yes, Justin." My mom smiled and showed me a picture of herself and grandma with Nandi's mother.

"She saw us up there." My grandma pointer to the big screens on stage.

"So she came to say hi. She wanted to meet you, honey." My mom added to what my grandma was saying.

"Oh," I simply said.

It was clear that I was in no mood for a meet and greet. Not even with the Queen of the country.

"It's fine. You'll meet later. They've invited us to stay with them at their palace for a few days." My mom's smile broadened.

Hearing her say that sent a gut-wrenching feeling through my body. Staying at the palace? With the King and Queen? With Nandi?

"Did you say yes?" I looked at my happy mom.

"Of course. We're going to get our things from the hotel and go over tonight. They're preparing a nice dinner for us." She said.

"Why don't you seem happy about that?" My grandma asked me, "nobody ever really gets invited to have a sleep over with the royal family. It's a great opportunity, dear."

I stayed quiet.

I didn't want to have to see Nandi again after what happened today. Actually, if it were up to me, straight after this, we'd be on our way to the airport.

Nandi

"Nandi?" Mellow whispered my name as we sat in our carriage, making our way back to the palace.

My eyes were glazed over with tears and nobody except Nina knew what was going on. "That time of the month." She'd told Jerome, Marjorie and Mellow, but Mellow was no fool. He could tell that I was shaken from the moment Nina and I got back from the bathroom.

When we got back to the palace, I raced up to my room with Nina hot on my trail. Mellow stayed behind for a moment to hear what my mom had to say to him but he soon came to join us in my room.

"I want an explanation." Mellow demanded as he closed my bedroom door behind him.

"He knows." Nina said. She was sitting next to me, rubbing my back as I cried into my hands.