Two.

Nandi

Your majesty." A knock on my door woke me up from my peaceful and well deserved slumber.

"What?" I called out, annoyed.

"Breakfast is served. The king would like for you to join the rest of the family for the meal."

I groaned and climbed out of bed to go use my bathroom to get ready.

I stomped down the stairs and made it to the dining room just as breakfast was being served.

"Seriously, I traveled a little over 11 hours in the air yesterday and had to sit through an epic fail of a fancy dinner. Can't I get to stay in bed a little longer?" I plopped into my seat.

"You're definitely not a morning person." My older brother, Mellow, smiled at me.

Mellow was a nickname I gave him when we were little, taken from his name Tumelo [pronounced: 'tu-mellow', meaning 'faith'].

"Shut up, Mellow." I rolled my eyes.

"Good morning to you, my daughter." My father said calmly.

I simply looked at him.

"Your father and I thought it would be nice to have everyone at the table this morning." My mother said.

"Well I would've liked to lay in bed a little longer." I said.

"You can do so later." My father said.

"Welcome home, little sis." Mellow nudged me lightly.

I smiled.

He was another one of my favourite people in the whole world and we got along like hand and glove.

"Thank you, big bro." I said.

"How was your arrival? I hear I missed out?"

"On the dinner? You didn't miss a thing. Where were you?" I reached over for a slice of toast.

"Cape Town, handing over awards..." he pretended to yawn.

I giggled.

"Better you than me." I said.

"While you live it up in Paris and London and whatever other corner of Europe you've found, this is what I have to do."

"Sorry, you had your fun time in America." I pointed out.

"Ah, good times." Mellow smiled.

"How did you sleep, darling?" My mother asked.

"Like a log. I was out in no time." I said. "But I still feel like sleeping."

"Lazy." Mellow whispered.

I nudged him.

"Sleeping will have to wait." My father said. "Prince Jerome would like to see you later on for lunch. He hasn't seen you in a while."

"Well, I'm busy today." I lied.

"With what?" Mellow tested me.

"Stuff. I have to Facetime Nina because I haven't seen her in ages. I'd like to leave for Johannesburg soon."

"Nandi, you just got here." My mother said, frowning. She and I hardly had time to do mother-daughter things.

"I know. But I have other things to do."

"What could be more important than spending time with your family, Nandi? We hardly see you."

"I'm sorry, mother."