Eleven.

Justin

When I got to the basement in the old church building that was Nandi's studio, she was singing along to a song while having a slice of pizza at a table she was working from. She was in nothing but a knitted top and her underpants as she worked on her laptop, one knee brought up, her foot placed on the seat she was in. She looked busy and drawn to what she was doing, nowhere near what Nina had said about her being in a bad mood.

Since I'd stopped by a coffee shop, on my way here, to get some for Nandi, as well as some doughnuts from Krispy Kreme, I knew she'd appreciate it, especially as I watched her toss her pizza crust into the box then sigh when she realised there was nothing more to nibble on.

"You like listening to Jess Glyn?" I stepped further into the room with the food and smiled at Nandi.

She looked up at me from the table she was sitting at with a surprised look on her face.

"Don't you knock, Bieber? Or call or text before you just pop in?" She said.

I raised my eyebrows.

"You still are in a bad mood. Good to know." I said.

"What do you want?"

"I came to check on you since you've been avoiding my calls."

"I haven't been avoiding just your calls, Superstar. My phone is off. Everyone is being avoided." Nandi faked a smile then she got up to go put her pants on.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I tried my luck.

Nandi gave me a blank stare as she finished getting dressed and I got the message loud and clear.

"O-kay." I said.

I noticed that the pizza she'd been eating was actually left overs, probably from last night. So I decided to try my luck again.

"I brought some coffee and doughnuts. We could bond over them? I didn't know you had Krispy Kreme here, by the way. I was surprised--"

"We're not as backwards as you may think. Krispy Kreme, Starbucks, Hooters... those exist in Africa too. News flash."

I was beginning to enjoy winding her up. A sassy Nandi was a fun Nandi, I was beginning to think.

"So... what do you say?" I smiled.

"I'm fine, thanks." She began to run her fingers through her hair.

"Come on, Nandi. We don't have to talk about what upset you. We can just... talk."

"I'm busy, Justin."

I walked over to her laptop to see what it was she was working on and I placed the food behind her laptop.

'The Urban Jungle' was written in big fancy-font letters at the top of the blog page that Nandi had been looking at. There were tons of photographed images of things varying from scenery to people.

"This looks cool." I said, sitting down to get a better look.

"You're so nosey, do you know that?" Nandi walked over and was about to shut her laptop but my hand was too quick for her.

"Is it your blog?" I looked at her.

She simply nodded.

"It looks pretty cool. What inspired it?" I asked.

"My travels: cities, people, food... all the stuff I experience. It's... quite random, actually. Stuff I do for fun."

"So this where all your photographed images go." I smiled and kept scrolling.